As I have mentioned before I am having fun with Pet Battles. For all my current readers or any new, here is a pet lineup for the new Pandaren Spirit Tamer’s. I found after much trial and error these pets are the most efficient and successful. Thundering is the hardest, make sure once you complete the new quest line you pick the earth pet as the reward. Flowing is by far the easiest.
I am not getting into specific blow by blow, half the fun is learning the patterns and when to use your abilities but the pictures provided are the pets to use and the abilities to go with. If you don’t have the pet either go get it or find one with identical abilities in the same family. Same family is important, for example in one fight you are fighting a moth that is in the critter family instead of the flying family… that and my grouping in some cases has some synergy and overlap which helps.
On the final pet of Thundering it is going to be important to have a pet that can avoid an attack and maybe even have 1-2 alive back pets to bring out to take a big damaging attack or 2. Also, remember that now your back pets abilities will be going through the cool down period when they are not in use!
I also recommend resetting the fight by surrender if you don’t get the expected match-up out of the gate. These fights are too tough to lose a turn.
Sorry I have not been posting much, but my gosh so much to do and so little time. Rep grinds, Challenge modes (I still want to do these but have not had the chance), pet battles and collecting, the up coming Brawlers guild, etc…
I received an e-mail from a reader in Australia and though I should put up my thoughts on raiding so far… the kitty tips.. so here goes.
- The Stone Guard – This fight has a lot of potential for kitty DPS. Basically, double dot and keep them up. On heroic burn DPS cool downs only when you have tiles lit. Pray you don’t get chained to a healer. Make sure ranged run to you when chained to minimize dps down time.
- Feng the Accursed – Another decent fight for us kitties. Try to maximize bleed uptime as you will spend time away from the boss in intervals. Be prepared to use your defensive cool downs.
- Gara’jal – Yes, another good fight for us… try to not be a person to take the idols and you will top the meters for sure. Since you main attack need to be from behind (shred) we are not optimal imho for going in anyway 😉
- Spirit Kings – Don’t die and you will top the meters here too. Nothing special, just live and do your thing.
- Elegon – Horrible fight for us to top meters imho, however our burst is extremely useful on downing the Energy Charge’s fast. Save your dps cool downs for this as getting 5-6 round of these down is the key to the fight. Bleeds don’t help us much on this fight, if there is a fight where hit capping is more important than mastery this is it. Make sure you clear you stacks after killing each Energy Charge. Be prepared to use your defensive cool downs at the very end.
- Will of the Emperor – Ugh. Not a big fan of this fight. I currently tank strengths on one side of the room, which I am thankful for mind you as doing the dance at the boss sucks, maybe I just need more practice as you would think speedy kitties would be the best bet for it. As feral save your DPS cool downs for when gas comes out. If you tank strengths put your bear taunt on your kitty bar, you might need it to grab a 2nd strength or if one gets pulled off by agro. You might want to also keybind shifting back to kitty from bear. YOU DON’’T WANT TO USE A BEAR SPEC. If you are in bear spec you might get courage’s sent your way, and that is not a good thing. As soon as your strengths are all dead after the gas phase go put a little dps on the nearest boss before getting back into position for the next strength add. Don’t bother trying to do the dance, it’s not worth it if your main job are the strength’s. Keeping those controlled on the sides is more important. Be prepared to use your defensive cool downs during gas phase and in case you screw up.
Heart of Fear:
- Zor’lok – Decent fight for us though I am not a big fan of running around in circles while trying to DPS. Help your raid out with stampede. Make sure to time your DPS cool downs so they are not wasted when running to another platform. Use dash. Be prepared to use your defensive cool downs.
- Ta’yak – Ok, I love this fight.
I can’t remember the last time I took first in any fight since I have been with Requiem. Bleed uptime is huge on this fight. Our speed in kitty form helps. If you are good at the tornado run you should do well on this fight. Make sure to keybind kitty shift as when you first get force hit by tornado’s it will shift you out of kitty automatically and you will need to shift back into kitty quickly. Use a quick heal in form before you make a run for it. If you are bad and get hit by any tornados back out of kitty you go… I found keybinding the shift to cat is necessary for this fight, I have not had it bound since the days of power shifting and doing PvP.
- Garalon – Not a big fan of this fight. We basically camp out on the back 2 legs the whole fight and stand on the double damage circles but melee with better cleaves destroy us on this fight. Best bet is try to keep up bleeds on 1-2 legs and the body to maximize what we can do. Be ready to use lots of defensive cool downs. Don’t ever go into the pink circle under the boss. Who knew Garalon had his ride pimped with neon undercarriage lighting.
- Wind Lord Mel’jarak – Just started on this one, we are getting real close. Spread bleeds to non CCed mobs. Interrupt the healer. Take getting ambered out of the group. Release people when they get ambered.
So far raiding has been a lot of fun. I have been pretty lucky gearing up. I love the new extra loot rolls we get from daily rewards. I am totally loving the expansion, they have made just a ton of changes that I believe have changed the game for the better.
Heroic Spine and Madness down (for me) this week. The guild did it last week without me (/sniffle). I had been out of raiding for a couple weeks with just a rotten horrible virus or something and couldn’t stay awake. So now I am rocking my “Savior of Azeroth” title… fun stuff. Next week looks to be getting achievements done for drakes. So far the achievements have been pretty easy and straight forward, if that changes and I learn any tips or tricks I will be sure to let everyone know (and no, switching from a 25 man to a 10 man to get achieves is not a tip or trick and we won’t do that).
I have not been very active in the beta, honestly I am waiting for the level cap in the beta to be 90 and then I plan on getting my druid which I copied to max level to see how the questing flow is.
I am very excited about all the features and changes coming in the expansion. It look like account wide achievements is about a done deal and account wide mounts and pets a possibility. The new pet battle system looks like a fun thing, actually in game farmville… I dunno, probably not so much. Maybe Blizzard is trying to fin ways for couples to play together (But honey, while I am raiding you can be tending the farm and battling squirrels!)
I am very much looking forward to the 5 man competitive dungeons, achievements, and rewards. Having something like this to work on with others in the guild with a smaller player group and less time commitment could be really fun and create some niche players for sure.
I hope we don’t have too long to wait for the expansion but I am guessing Nov/Dec time frame?
So Requiem is 6/8 Heroic DS now and we are trucking along with a lot of new blood and sitting on a roster of about 31 players for our 25 man raid so we don’t ever really have a reason now to take a foot off the gas… which is good because now that MoP Beta is out we only have so much time to finish off current content on and finish up some achievements.
The main reason for my post is a look at the new glyphs. It looks like they are making a lot of the core talents we have had in the past and giving us the ability to keep them through glyphs. Personally I like as we will be able to change our play style much easier between encounters now. Let’s take a look…
- Glyph of Amberskin Protection – Reduces the chance you’ll be critically hit by 25% while Barkskin is active.
- Glyph of Cat Form – Increases healing done to you by 20% while in Cat Form.
- Glyph of Claw – Your Claw and Mangle (Cat) attacks reduce the movement speed of the target by 50% for 12 sec.
- Glyph of Fae Silence – Faerie Fire used in Bear Form also silences the target for 3 sec, but triggers a 15 sec cooldown.
- Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration – While Frenzied Regeneration is active healing effects on you are 40% more powerful, but causes your Frenzied Regeneration to cost 60 Rage initially and no longer convert rage into health.
- Glyph of Prowl – Reduces the movement penalty of Prowl by 100%.
- Glyph of Shred – While Berserk or Tiger’s Fury is active, Shred and Ravage have no positional requirement.
- Glyph of the Chameleon – Each time you shapeshift into Cat Form or Bear Form, your shapeshifted form will have a random hair color.
- Glyph of the Orca – Your Aquatic Form now appears as an Orca.
- Glyph of the Predator – Your Track Humanoids ability now also tracks beasts.
- Glyph of the Stag – Your Travel Form now appears as a Stag and can be used as a mount by party members.
So some pedestrian stuff replacing old talents, some fun stuff giving ferals a little something to play with how they look when shifted including a ridable form that will launch a 100 inappropriate jokes, the ability to track beast which I like, the awesome solo PvE stuff faster with not losing speed when stealthed, and a nonsense glyph which leads me to believe more bosses coming that I can’t shred… or lets hope it’s for PvP purposes.
As far as the next expac goes I am really liking everything Blizzard is bring to the table. Little pets battles, ranked 5 man dungeons with gear and mount rewards, more LFR goodness, a new race and class, lots of early raid content, and hopefully even account wide mounts, pets, and achievements which might have me playing my hunter more 😉
Didn’t take long at all really, not sure why we just didn’t do this sooner and be farming heroic gear… but whatever right
We now move to 4/8 in Heroic DS 25. Next up is Zon’ozz. Hopefully he falls Thursday night and we put the first 5 bosses on Heroic farm…. get geared up for part two and the last 3 encounters.
FWIW Yor’sahj was supposedly easy cause at least 1 lock respecced into an AoE stun making sure the healers didn’t get gibbed by the adds from the black ooze.
No video on this, our fearless leader didn’t think we would get it so early in the night… now he will be fraping lots of Zon wipes 😉
Feral tip on this fight… Reforge into Hit/Exp>Haste>Crit>Mastery. This will help maximize damage on the adds and oozes and will boost overall damage for the fight.