I wanted to let everyone know about a great working gear tool for Feral Druid DPS.
Take a gander at Ask Mr. Robot.
This tool is similar to RAWR but available online in a web interface. You will need to install Microsoft Silverlight for it to work.
Let me start by saying why I am pimping this tool on my site.
You can run a simulated battle by pushing the simulate button and it will give you your theoretical DPS based on the latest and greatest Feral Kitty Theorycraft models.
In my particular case after importing in my gear the Simulation reported back my theoretical DPS of 10,419.6 +/- 56.8.
Now take a look at my Normal Mode Saurfang fight, which is a completely stationary fight and a good way to test your DPS max.
6 DPS off from the projection… WOW!
Now there is a trick to getting this to work correctly.
Instructions for using Ask Mr. Robot
- Import Your Character from the armory in your raiding gear. You need to log out of WOW with the right gear on.
- Settings button – enter your Latency and the length of the fight. Leave the rest at default.
- Buffs buttons at the top – Select CUSTM and then use the fill boxes below to pick your food, flask, and the buffs you will get during the fight. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. If you don’t know all the buffs you will be getting use the MMO-Champion Raid Comp Calculator found HERE.
- Leave the ROTATION set to Auto. It does the perfect kitty rotation which hopefully by now you know and understand. If you do not use the latest Feral By Night Addon from Curse or a custom Ovale script. (Ovale is like FBn but allows easy to understand user tweaks to the underlying IF(Then) code and works for all classes). IMHO, use FBn if you are new to kitty dps until you learn more about the fights and your particular style of play. You could theoretically create a custom Ovale script for EACH fight, I have a life so I don’t do that.
- TALENTS – If your talents are not 00/55/16 or really close to it you are doing something wrong or you logged out in the wrong spec.
- MAJOR GLYPHS – Shred, Rip, SRoar. If it’s anything else you aren’t doing it right. (Unless you glyph switch between fights, this is a pro strategy that I am not going to cover at this time… mainly because I can’t afford it)
For now this really looks like the best tool for gearing up your feral kitty. A new RAWR (Version 3) is on the horizon as well, when it is officially released I will announce it on the site and let people know.
I finally killed a rare mob in Northrend!
Thanks goes out to the maker of _NPCScan Saiket.
For anyone interested in the rare mob achievements you need to get this addon. I would have to say it is one of the most beautifully done addons I have ever seen.
When you get within range of a rare mob it alerts you by putting a 3D rotating model of the rare spawn on your screen which flashes in your face just in case you are in it’s near proximity and didn’t know it. The addon scans your WOW cache folder and when you get within range of the mob it automatically knows. Follow the instructions on how to use the addon at the website and it works without a hitch.