So…. Last night in Vent I committed to becoming my 10 man raid teams OT/MT (Depends on the fight of course)
I have to say I am actually pretty excited about this.
I tanked quite a bit back in BC… most of it actually.
I tanked at the beginning of Wrath (Did all of Naxx and most of Ulduar).
I shifted to Kitty DPS for the end of Wrath (That is what my 10 man team at the time needed).
I have obviously started Cata as Kitty/Boom DPS.
But now it is time for my game face and reading every last detail of how to tank in Cata.
Both fights sound relatively easy and fun…. a good way to break back into being a full time bear.
Questions for you bears out there….
- Tsanga’s Helm or Membrane of C’Thun
- How important is 2T11 and/or 4T11? Neither RAWR or Mr. Robot seem to care much about the bonus.
- Depending on #2 is my answer for #3… Do I use T11 gloves, shoulders, pants, and chest or do I use offset where it is better?
- Delicate Inferno Ruby or Solid Ocean Sapphire
- Reforge Mastery or Dodge? Obviously when I can’t reforge mastery I do dodge but what about when I have the choice?
Just looking for some opinions as all the reading I have done sounds like people are split on a lot of these. Doesn’t seem like the community has a clear cut strategy for gemming/chanting/gearing that I had grown accustomed too in the past.
I look forward to updating everyone tomorrow on my experience in the tanking seat tonight.
…about a weapon since wanting the Terestian’s Stranglestaff from Kara back in BC.
Now comes the Fandral’s Flamescythe!YouTube responded to TubePress with an HTTP 410 - No longer available
Blizzard… smart move if you are trying to get feral druids REAL excited about this expansion. I honestly can’t wait to get this sucker… my guess is however I will relive the Stranglestaff curse and it will take FOREVER to actually fall for me.
So the latest patch hit last week.
About the only thing that changed for feral (once the energy bug was fixed) was that Unheeded Warning is now near BiS or is BiS until Heroic ilvl trinkets.
Agility is still king, Mastery is still next, Crit and Haste seem to be about even or close enough that you shouldn’t fret over it.
We downed Twilight Ascendant Council.
We have started on Cho’gall and we are learning that this is going to be a tough fight with 3 melee and only 2 ranged.
I have slowly been working on my Boomkin set. Unfortunately my Kitty set is so epic I can’t get near my DPS output to switch over and help at range. Should have a Volcano card soon which will help and hopefully some caster gear will start falling for us that isn’t cloth pants.
I am going to update my gear page to reflect my current kitty gear. I am going to ditch any references to bear gear on that page as it is perfectly acceptable to tank 5 man heroics in my kitty set and I don’t tank raids.
Don’t let anyone tell you feral DPS is toward the bottom of DPS charts. If you are doing it right and you are geared properly you should be toward the top on just about ever encounter. This takes holding certain abilities at certain times, using kitty leap, keybinding and using macro’s, using Dash, and giving 110% effort. It’s not a face roll to top charts, but it is entirely possible.
Ding 85!… Like last week.
Sorry for the lack of updates but I have been playing with what time I have between work, family, and working out/running. I am working on getting fit for the next summer so I can surf a little more than this last year…. on that note, Ding 40! I turned 40 this year… and I want to get back into pre 30′s shape.
Anyhow, Cata is proving to be a lot of fun thus far. The 5 man instances, quests, cut scenes, etc. are all really cool. I will try and post kitty pro tips specifically about Heroic boss fights soon but I can give some general tips I have been using to help reduce the amount of wipes… Heroics have been pretty challenging but far from impossible wipefest when playing in guild with some skilled players. We have had a wipe or 2… or a couple more… figuring out mechanics since we did read any strategy prior… trust me when I say it is more entertaining that way.
On to some tips while I am flying to my next Archeology point…
- CC is your friend, get the Glyph of Entangling Roots… you will be happy you did. Use focus and Keybinding to make sure your mob stays put.
- Spec for Hybrid in 1 Spec. Don’t take Pulverize, Perseverance, Stampede, Predatory Strikes, Brutal Impact, or Nurturing Instinct. This spec is perfect for Kitty DPS with the fail safe in a tank death and you can use your 2nd spec for Boom, Heal, or full on bear. This is perfect but might change when raiding starts.
- Do Hyjal… go back to Vash after 85.
- Check Quartermasters for gear and build rep through tabards and dailies. It is the fastest way to get geared up for Heroics.
- Be patient. Explain instance fights to new people. Take your time.
- Reforge Crit/Haste to mastery. Reforge Hit/Expertise to Mastery once you have enough.
- Use Mongoose on your weapon until you get a really good one, then go with the new agility enchant.
- Make sure you Quest deep into Twilight Highlands and get this staff… Staff of Draconic Pacification. The CoC (New Ring of Blood) is only good for your caster or healing spec.
- Be careful with buying gems, your Meta will require more blue than red… which makes gemming tricky… think it out first.
- Try not to pug heroics… seriously, join a guild.
That’s all for now, I will try to get strategy up for each Heroic as time allows… maybe one instance a day.
So I decided I was going to get this list together tonight… and BAM, I had already been beaten to the punch…
So what can I add to this…. well, not a whole heck of a lot. The list and explanations at the Fluid Druid at first glance look really good to me.
I am sure things will change somewhat post release and pre raiding so stay tuned. I will definitely do my usual tweaking of the list to highlight how to best utilize your time and still gear up as best as possible.