So I visited HERE and just watched the video (specifically the Q&A from the feral at 28:50) and the response from the crowd (and the Dev.) just sickened me.
Did I miss when Feral druids became Uber in PvP? Ferals in PvP won’t be able to put up a rip and turtle in bear and just watch you bleed to death anymore in MoP, That’s why we created the extra tree to split bear and cat talents out. Audience cheers? Really? WTF? I don’t remember Feral PvP ever being easy. I remember it being tolerable with ArP though still a pain in the arse as I was always expected to do things like cyclone and heal which fundamentally as a feral sucked. Even then they killed ArP. They took away our ability to shift out of snares. They took away the nice vial trinket proc (O.K., that was OP for more than just ferals). But when the hell was feral PvP put up a rip, go bear, I win? WTF? What crappy ass players are these ferals going up against?
Honestly, I don’t really have a strong stance for either keeping BearCat or losing BearCat. But tying that change due to PvP was just a WTF moment for me. For PvE I don’t this change is a big deal because most ferals are just going to dual spec into bear tank and kitty dps since at endgame collecting caster and physical DPS sets is just too much a pain in the arse. That and when a tank doesn’t show usually the first glance comes our way as a sub. All BearCat was good for in PvE was really the oh crap moments and in good guilds these are few and far between.
Maybe that is what I should be doing before MoP releases. Griefing people in arena with a rip, shift bear, win. Yeah, that’s the ticket.
So Requiem is 6/8 Heroic DS now and we are trucking along with a lot of new blood and sitting on a roster of about 31 players for our 25 man raid so we don’t ever really have a reason now to take a foot off the gas… which is good because now that MoP Beta is out we only have so much time to finish off current content on and finish up some achievements.
The main reason for my post is a look at the new glyphs. It looks like they are making a lot of the core talents we have had in the past and giving us the ability to keep them through glyphs. Personally I like as we will be able to change our play style much easier between encounters now. Let’s take a look…
- Glyph of Amberskin Protection – Reduces the chance you’ll be critically hit by 25% while Barkskin is active.
- Glyph of Cat Form – Increases healing done to you by 20% while in Cat Form.
- Glyph of Claw – Your Claw and Mangle (Cat) attacks reduce the movement speed of the target by 50% for 12 sec.
- Glyph of Fae Silence – Faerie Fire used in Bear Form also silences the target for 3 sec, but triggers a 15 sec cooldown.
- Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration – While Frenzied Regeneration is active healing effects on you are 40% more powerful, but causes your Frenzied Regeneration to cost 60 Rage initially and no longer convert rage into health.
- Glyph of Prowl – Reduces the movement penalty of Prowl by 100%.
- Glyph of Shred – While Berserk or Tiger’s Fury is active, Shred and Ravage have no positional requirement.
- Glyph of the Chameleon – Each time you shapeshift into Cat Form or Bear Form, your shapeshifted form will have a random hair color.
- Glyph of the Orca – Your Aquatic Form now appears as an Orca.
- Glyph of the Predator – Your Track Humanoids ability now also tracks beasts.
- Glyph of the Stag – Your Travel Form now appears as a Stag and can be used as a mount by party members.
So some pedestrian stuff replacing old talents, some fun stuff giving ferals a little something to play with how they look when shifted including a ridable form that will launch a 100 inappropriate jokes, the ability to track beast which I like, the awesome solo PvE stuff faster with not losing speed when stealthed, and a nonsense glyph which leads me to believe more bosses coming that I can’t shred… or lets hope it’s for PvP purposes.
As far as the next expac goes I am really liking everything Blizzard is bring to the table. Little pets battles, ranked 5 man dungeons with gear and mount rewards, more LFR goodness, a new race and class, lots of early raid content, and hopefully even account wide mounts, pets, and achievements which might have me playing my hunter more 😉
Sorry so long since last post.
Since last I posted…
- Ragnaros is down!
- Completed all new Firelands dailies and received my new mount in the mail.
- Blizz nerfed Unheeded Warning. I would be a lot less upset by this had I not given up Essence of the Cyclone to a fellow raider. So now I am rocking Ricket’s Magnetic Fireball.
- I have now killed Majordomo 4 times, still no staff.
- I am running 2T11 and 2T12. Supposedly this is the thing to do until 4T12
- I purchased Ranseur of Hatred.
It seems like the Summer Blues continue to prevail. I switched guilds because my 10 man team from our new startup from the remnants of Aetherial Circle (With Feeling) stopped raiding. I started running with another 10 man in the guild but they wanted to move to a guild with more activity, raiders, and people running rated BG’s. I have since moved my main to Envy with Team Synergy and we have been pretty successful thus far, especially with the attendance problems summer brings and me fail tanking most nights.
I am pretty hard on myself when bearing it up but I don’t feel that tanking has gotten natural yet. I have tanked every fight in Firelands so I do plan to do a tips and tricks post for both Feral Cats and Bears very soon.
I am pretty ticked that the final fight of the tier is so Kitty unfriendly. They either need to stop designing fights where it is impossible or near impossible to attack from behind or change the positional requirements of shred. Having to waste time finding the sweet spot on Majordomo in scorpion form is downright frustrating as well.
Tanking went great last night.
I had a blast.
As it turns out however the strategy of having me tank and our DK go to heals and our Holy pally go to ret didn’t work out. I believe it was a gearing issue with having the pally go ret…. but anyway…
We downed Shannox without too much drama or attempts. FYI many times I lined up Riplimb so he would hit a crystal trap and they would not activate. After a while if this kept happening I would have to kite him over to a trap and do the Mexican hat dance in order to get it to go off…. very annoying. Also, in order to spawn Shannox you have to clear a bunch of trash before he will spawn. You will get emotes that a hunter is angry or what not, eventually he shows up. IMHO clear trash up to Beth’tilac and then continue clearing trash along the road toward where the map shows Shannox until he spawns. From there you will run back to the area right before Beth’tilac to do the fight.
Long story short, I am going back to Kitty DPS for Sunday’s Raid.
I believe our best attempt had her to about 10%. The fight is bugged at the moment and just about every time someone would jump down using the middle hole they would DC (every time for me). The fix was to drop down the holes created my the meteors. Make sure to switch to cat first before dropping down so you take less fall damage. Once they fix the middle hole this won’t be an issue because if you go down the middle you are lowered down slowly using the same strands that you went up on. We thought it might be connected to my form, being bear, so we sent up our pally tank but he also DC’ed the minute he tried to come down. All of a sudden being a feral tank and being able to shift to cat for the jump down paid off…. under 1K fall damage.
On our best attempt we basically ignored DPS on the boss. Unfortunately things were so crazy down below she dropped down and was promptly healed to 100%… so yeah, we went 90% before dying in that burn phase (our healers are insanely good). Sunday I am going to go up as the lone melee DPS to work her down… I am looking forward to it.
Later today I will try and post up a more comprehensive post on the fights I have done this far.
So…. Last night in Vent I committed to becoming my 10 man raid teams OT/MT (Depends on the fight of course)
I have to say I am actually pretty excited about this.
I tanked quite a bit back in BC… most of it actually.
I tanked at the beginning of Wrath (Did all of Naxx and most of Ulduar).
I shifted to Kitty DPS for the end of Wrath (That is what my 10 man team at the time needed).
I have obviously started Cata as Kitty/Boom DPS.
But now it is time for my game face and reading every last detail of how to tank in Cata.
Both fights sound relatively easy and fun…. a good way to break back into being a full time bear.
Questions for you bears out there….
- Tsanga’s Helm or Membrane of C’Thun
- How important is 2T11 and/or 4T11? Neither RAWR or Mr. Robot seem to care much about the bonus.
- Depending on #2 is my answer for #3… Do I use T11 gloves, shoulders, pants, and chest or do I use offset where it is better?
- Delicate Inferno Ruby or Solid Ocean Sapphire
- Reforge Mastery or Dodge? Obviously when I can’t reforge mastery I do dodge but what about when I have the choice?
Just looking for some opinions as all the reading I have done sounds like people are split on a lot of these. Doesn’t seem like the community has a clear cut strategy for gemming/chanting/gearing that I had grown accustomed too in the past.
I look forward to updating everyone tomorrow on my experience in the tanking seat tonight.