So, now that I can speak freely about the new Star Wars MMO which is releasing soon here goes…
- For a game releasing in Dec. it should be less buggy. – Elevators. I mean come on.
- WOW with Lightsabers. WOW with my own ship. WOW where everyone is a hunter with a pet (Everyone gets a companion… or 4… they hang out on your ship and you get to pick which one to take on away missions… fun.
- Cut scene quest dialog is cool… at first… then it wears on you, especially in Flashpoints (4 man dungeons) where you have to wait for each person to pick a response (They get like 2 minutes per response). Honestly Flashpoints will take longer than WOW 5 mans, worse if you are pugging.
- Crafting is sweet as you can send you companion to do it, even if you are logged out!
- Companions are sweet as they can tank for you and go sell your vendor trash while you do something else.
- Questing is meh for the exception of your class questing which can be a pretty interesting story line. The rest are similar to any other MMO but with voice acting.
So, I enjoyed checking the game out but I am uncertain if people after the newness wears off will want to keep leveling to an uncertain endgame content if they have shiny max level characters in WOW with a newly released patch and expansion looming (Yes, even an expansion with Panda’s)
So that was my short SWTOR take, if anyone has any specific questions just ask away.
Skyrim on the other hand, even with it’s bugs, has sucked me in pretty good. The graphics, sound, and voice acting are all amazing and the story and interaction with the NPC’s, objects, and the world is very cool. I am purposefully not reading about the game online because I started looking for information and started running into hacks and what not. I am finding walking through the game in kinda a constantly learning mode refreshing. I hear of people grinding crafting, exploiting ways to level skills, etc and I have decided to ignore all that and just follow the various quests and story lines. So far I am surprised by how quickly the time can pass as I am playing. I would definitely say it’s worth buying as it is a very different experience from what is out there. It’s funny after years of just playing WOW playing a game like Skyrim with a save feature just feels like cheating.
In WOW I am still working on Heroic Rags in 25 man waiting for the patch to hit. We have made some progress as we are getting to sub 40% tries pretty cleanly now but we are having a hard time stringing together really good attempts and days with full attendance. I think everyone is really looking forward to the patch and DragonSoul.
I wish I could say my first computer was an Apple… but I am too old for that. But my first usable computer was an Apple IIc that my Mom bought me in high school that went with me to college. You know, a computer that did more than just play games and run basic scripts in a loop on a cassette tape.
R.I.P Steve, I am sure you were a large part of why I have a career in IT.
I pulled the trigger…
4 Teh HORDE!
My application to Requiem on Drenden was accepted I have Faction changed to take advantage of the opportunity. At $30.00 this choice is not for the faint of heart and there was some inventory adjustments and what not I had to make with my alts to try and limit the in game gold impact this is going to have on my character/s. I am leaving behind 3 other level 85 toons and my budding rogue that has maxed LW so I am definately going to spending a little more than usual in the future.
Just to let everyone know I was driven to move for 2 reasons.
1. I want to keep raiding. I want to keep raiding with the same guild and I believe Requiem will be around a while.
2. I want to raid after 10PM EST. My youngest child is asleep by 9:30PM and typically so is my wife and daughter. This will leaving me just to contend with our new kitten and she has a very small agro radius.
For now, as I said all my other toons are still Alliance in With Feeling. At $30.00 per character to Faction change I will decide later who makes the move with me down the line and who stays Alliance to play with old friends.
So far I am loving being a big cow! I have never liked the scale of the Night Elf especially on mounts. I struggled with going Troll, because of the nice little DPS perk in the Berserk racial, but I just couldn’t do it. I don’t really want to be a bat, I don’t like the dance, and I just don’t dig any of the Troll lore, especially as a Druid. If a 10 second buff to attack speed every 3 minutes makes or breaks me or a raid I need to just pack it up now.
I look forward to my actual invite to Requiem (no officers on atm) and check back for a new page redesign for my site that better reflects my new alignment.
P.S. I am bummed I lost a bunch of achievement points somewhere in the conversion but whatcha going to do… T.T
So… I am allowed to say the following…
- There is a beta test going on for Star Wars The Old Republic.
- I am part of the beta test.
I suppose I can also say…
I am playing Wow still, doing my new dailies, raiding 3 nights a week (5 of 7 now in Firelands)… having a lot of fun.
When I am not playing wow, I am beta testing.
Now some general thoughts and realizations…
- I can’t play 2 MMO’s with the depth of WOW, as it is I don’t experience a better part of WOW as I don’t have time for PvP at all. In essence, I am assuming at some point I will be making a choice.
- I have been playing WOW for the better part of 5 years now. This has 2 sides. I am deeply invested in my character (having a blog should say enough) but the other side is that… well… I have been playing the same game for 5 years.
Do I know what my gaming future holds? Currently I am not certain.
IMHO, there are going to be millions that feel the same way.
Jedi of the Moon? I suppose it is possible, I guess it might depend on what the masses do.
P.S. Anyone else in the beta, feel free to whisper me… Jacemora lives in another dimension.
Here is the link TWEET!
All my blog posts will now link there. I also plan on starting to use it for short observations, links to other things WOW, Druid, etc.Don’t put it past me to put some IRL pictures up there if I catch something crazy. I live in Florida folks, I can take pictures of the nuttiest stuff you have ever seen.
Use it if you have a quick question for me.
Follow me and use it to comment on content from my posts.
Any way, I am going to use it so if you Twitter follow me why don’t cha?