I wish I could say my first computer was an Apple… but I am too old for that. But my first usable computer was an Apple IIc that my Mom bought me in high school that went with me to college. You know, a computer that did more than just play games and run basic scripts in a loop on a cassette tape.
R.I.P Steve, I am sure you were a large part of why I have a career in IT.
I pulled the trigger…
4 Teh HORDE!
My application to Requiem on Drenden was accepted I have Faction changed to take advantage of the opportunity. At $30.00 this choice is not for the faint of heart and there was some inventory adjustments and what not I had to make with my alts to try and limit the in game gold impact this is going to have on my character/s. I am leaving behind 3 other level 85 toons and my budding rogue that has maxed LW so I am definately going to spending a little more than usual in the future.
Just to let everyone know I was driven to move for 2 reasons.
1. I want to keep raiding. I want to keep raiding with the same guild and I believe Requiem will be around a while.
2. I want to raid after 10PM EST. My youngest child is asleep by 9:30PM and typically so is my wife and daughter. This will leaving me just to contend with our new kitten and she has a very small agro radius.
For now, as I said all my other toons are still Alliance in With Feeling. At $30.00 per character to Faction change I will decide later who makes the move with me down the line and who stays Alliance to play with old friends.
So far I am loving being a big cow! I have never liked the scale of the Night Elf especially on mounts. I struggled with going Troll, because of the nice little DPS perk in the Berserk racial, but I just couldn’t do it. I don’t really want to be a bat, I don’t like the dance, and I just don’t dig any of the Troll lore, especially as a Druid. If a 10 second buff to attack speed every 3 minutes makes or breaks me or a raid I need to just pack it up now.
I look forward to my actual invite to Requiem (no officers on atm) and check back for a new page redesign for my site that better reflects my new alignment.
P.S. I am bummed I lost a bunch of achievement points somewhere in the conversion but whatcha going to do… T.T
So… I am allowed to say the following…
- There is a beta test going on for Star Wars The Old Republic.
- I am part of the beta test.
I suppose I can also say…
I am playing Wow still, doing my new dailies, raiding 3 nights a week (5 of 7 now in Firelands)… having a lot of fun.
When I am not playing wow, I am beta testing.
Now some general thoughts and realizations…
- I can’t play 2 MMO’s with the depth of WOW, as it is I don’t experience a better part of WOW as I don’t have time for PvP at all. In essence, I am assuming at some point I will be making a choice.
- I have been playing WOW for the better part of 5 years now. This has 2 sides. I am deeply invested in my character (having a blog should say enough) but the other side is that… well… I have been playing the same game for 5 years.
Do I know what my gaming future holds? Currently I am not certain.
IMHO, there are going to be millions that feel the same way.
Jedi of the Moon? I suppose it is possible, I guess it might depend on what the masses do.
P.S. Anyone else in the beta, feel free to whisper me… Jacemora lives in another dimension.
Here is the link TWEET!
All my blog posts will now link there. I also plan on starting to use it for short observations, links to other things WOW, Druid, etc.Don’t put it past me to put some IRL pictures up there if I catch something crazy. I live in Florida folks, I can take pictures of the nuttiest stuff you have ever seen.
Use it if you have a quick question for me.
Follow me and use it to comment on content from my posts.
Any way, I am going to use it so if you Twitter follow me why don’t cha?
Ding 85!… Like last week.
Sorry for the lack of updates but I have been playing with what time I have between work, family, and working out/running. I am working on getting fit for the next summer so I can surf a little more than this last year…. on that note, Ding 40! I turned 40 this year… and I want to get back into pre 30′s shape.
Anyhow, Cata is proving to be a lot of fun thus far. The 5 man instances, quests, cut scenes, etc. are all really cool. I will try and post kitty pro tips specifically about Heroic boss fights soon but I can give some general tips I have been using to help reduce the amount of wipes… Heroics have been pretty challenging but far from impossible wipefest when playing in guild with some skilled players. We have had a wipe or 2… or a couple more… figuring out mechanics since we did read any strategy prior… trust me when I say it is more entertaining that way.
On to some tips while I am flying to my next Archeology point…
- CC is your friend, get the Glyph of Entangling Roots… you will be happy you did. Use focus and Keybinding to make sure your mob stays put.
- Spec for Hybrid in 1 Spec. Don’t take Pulverize, Perseverance, Stampede, Predatory Strikes, Brutal Impact, or Nurturing Instinct. This spec is perfect for Kitty DPS with the fail safe in a tank death and you can use your 2nd spec for Boom, Heal, or full on bear. This is perfect but might change when raiding starts.
- Do Hyjal… go back to Vash after 85.
- Check Quartermasters for gear and build rep through tabards and dailies. It is the fastest way to get geared up for Heroics.
- Be patient. Explain instance fights to new people. Take your time.
- Reforge Crit/Haste to mastery. Reforge Hit/Expertise to Mastery once you have enough.
- Use Mongoose on your weapon until you get a really good one, then go with the new agility enchant.
- Make sure you Quest deep into Twilight Highlands and get this staff… Staff of Draconic Pacification. The CoC (New Ring of Blood) is only good for your caster or healing spec.
- Be careful with buying gems, your Meta will require more blue than red… which makes gemming tricky… think it out first.
- Try not to pug heroics… seriously, join a guild.
That’s all for now, I will try to get strategy up for each Heroic as time allows… maybe one instance a day.