Ding 85!… Like last week.
Sorry for the lack of updates but I have been playing with what time I have between work, family, and working out/running. I am working on getting fit for the next summer so I can surf a little more than this last year…. on that note, Ding 40! I turned 40 this year… and I want to get back into pre 30’s shape.
Anyhow, Cata is proving to be a lot of fun thus far. The 5 man instances, quests, cut scenes, etc. are all really cool. I will try and post kitty pro tips specifically about Heroic boss fights soon but I can give some general tips I have been using to help reduce the amount of wipes… Heroics have been pretty challenging but far from impossible wipefest when playing in guild with some skilled players. We have had a wipe or 2… or a couple more… figuring out mechanics since we did read any strategy prior… trust me when I say it is more entertaining that way.
On to some tips while I am flying to my next Archeology point…
- CC is your friend, get the Glyph of Entangling Roots… you will be happy you did. Use focus and Keybinding to make sure your mob stays put.
- Spec for Hybrid in 1 Spec. Don’t take Pulverize, Perseverance, Stampede, Predatory Strikes, Brutal Impact, or Nurturing Instinct. This spec is perfect for Kitty DPS with the fail safe in a tank death and you can use your 2nd spec for Boom, Heal, or full on bear. This is perfect but might change when raiding starts.
- Do Hyjal… go back to Vash after 85.
- Check Quartermasters for gear and build rep through tabards and dailies. It is the fastest way to get geared up for Heroics.
- Be patient. Explain instance fights to new people. Take your time.
- Reforge Crit/Haste to mastery. Reforge Hit/Expertise to Mastery once you have enough.
- Use Mongoose on your weapon until you get a really good one, then go with the new agility enchant.
- Make sure you Quest deep into Twilight Highlands and get this staff… Staff of Draconic Pacification. The CoC (New Ring of Blood) is only good for your caster or healing spec.
- Be careful with buying gems, your Meta will require more blue than red… which makes gemming tricky… think it out first.
- Try not to pug heroics… seriously, join a guild.
That’s all for now, I will try to get strategy up for each Heroic as time allows… maybe one instance a day.
Very interesting interview with the self proclaimed king of China Gold Farmers…
The best information from this video?
How to make sure your account doesn’t get hacked, NEVER USE YOUR SAME E-MAIL AND PASSWORD ON WOW TO REGISTER FOR OTHER WEBSITES.
Hackers will data mine sites, especially fan sites, and then try what they dug up to log into WOW accounts.
Ruby Sanctum was released, I plan on doing it in 10 man Thursday night, I missed it in 25 last night.
After I run it Thursday night I will post up some feral strats and thoughts (Yay for something new to write about)
I have to update my gear list, I am running all Sanc T10 264 now and was lucky enough to get Heroic hurt stick Distant Land. Incredible how good this staff is that it essentially unbeatable until a Heroic LK weapon. I think someone messed up when they let this drop off a boss not LK, Sindy, or Putricide.
The closed beta has started… I am hoping to get invited. If I do, expect ALOT of posting as I am VERY excited about the changes in Azeroth.
Please Blizzard, don’t hold it against me that last time the invite ended up in my junk mail bin… by the way, watching my junk mail bin is not fun but I am watching it hard core this time.
Just to let everyone know, I am still around. I have no plans to talk about Cataclysm until we are closer to release or I get my hand on beta and can talk about some odds and ends that I directly experience.
Vallen has a preview up here that is spot on and happens to almost be a word for word post I was debating to make.
While I wait for Thursday night and my 10 man escapades (we are down to 1 night of raiding now), I am converting my DVD collection using DVDFab and Handbrake for use on my Apple Mac Mini which I have connected to my living room TV in order to run XBMC. It works beautifully, keeps my kids from destroying their movies, and is having no problem streaming x264 encoded 720p Blu-ray over wireless… is just plain sick I tells ya. This is what it looks like on the TV…
So playlist.com now has a group playlist feature and I am asking all of you to check out some of my songs in there to get an idea of the music I like first, then search playlist.com and add some songs you think I might like.
- No Country
- No Classical
- Try to avoid metal unless it is really good and unique.
I like all different types of music but try to use the songs I already put in there as a guide to what I might like.
Here is a link to my group playlist…. PLAYLIST
I have that shared playlist up on my Hot Tunes page, I look forward to hearing your suggestions