Interesting things in Patch 3.1
Lets look at some changes that effect all races and classes…
Let me start by saying that there are no longer any quests or books needed to level your secondary professions of cooking, fishing, and first aid. All 3 can now be leveled just by visiting the appropriate trainer.
Second, Ulduar will be dropping new epic crafting recipes for the armor/weapon crafting professions and they are BoE not BoP.
* Ground mounts now swim through water – They are no faster than players are swimming but not having to remount is nice.
* The new Argent Tournament - See representatives in Dalaran near the flight master for a lift to the new area. Make sure to grab the new FP once you get there. Be prepared to do some traveling in Old Azeroth to complete some quests.
* Brew of the Year has been removed from the event achievement – YAY! Thanks for listening Blizzard.
* Applying a glyph no longer requires a Lexicon of Power – Thank Goodness.
* Flasks only last 1 hour now. The old mat costs will now generate 2 flasks when they are created.
* You can now sometimes find Alchemist’s Caches from bosses in Ulduar. Only players with an Alchemy skill of 425 or higher can loot these secret caches – Don’t ask, I have no idea what is in the caches, I am guessing Flasks for the raid.
* Flint and Tinder is no longer necessary for creating a campfire - This is a huge deal for me being a druid,I have NEVER had bag space to carry these items.
* Grub now sells the Dig Rat Stew recipe to players who completed the quest.
* Ingredients such as Spices, Apples, and the like have been removed from most cooking recipes.
* Players no longer need to complete the Clamlette Surprise quest to gain Artisan cooking. The quest now offers the unique recipe, Clamlette Magnifique. If you already completed the quest, you can visit Dirge Quickcleave in Gadgetzan to learn this recipe (for free).
* Prospector Khazgorm, found in Bael Modan in southern Barrens, now sells the recipe for Dig Rat Stew to the Alliance.
* Several Northrend recipes were given greater skill up ranges to make it easier to reach 450 cooking skill – This is why I have waited to get to 450 and it was really a needed change.
* Added two new recipes for enchanting staves with spell power, available from Vanessa Sellers in Dalaran City – Maybe it’s just me but I only see one as of last night.
* Greatly increased the drop rate of Enchanting recipes found in pre-Lich King dungeons and raids - Awesome, as if I needed another reason to solo old content… ok, so maybe I did… and I prob still won’t.
* Engineers can now obtain the schematics for Lil’ Smoky and the Pet Bombling from certain creatures found in Gnomeregan - Thank God I am not an Engineer, the last thing I need is a reason to go back into Gnomer.
* A new (and very rare) special mount can now be caught from Northrend fishing pools – Don’t think I care as a druid just like I don’t care about flying mount drops either.
* New fishing dailies are now offered from Marcia Chase in Dalaran City! – WooHoo, my guess is the reward bags she gives can drop the same or better stuff from the Outland fishing daily.
* Players are no longer required to do the Nat Pagle, Angler Extreme quest to gain Artisan fishing. The quest now offers a special superior-quality fishing pole instead. If you already completed the quest, you can visit Nat Pagle in Dustwallow Marsh to receive this new fishing pole.
* The time needed to catch fish has been reduced.
* You can now fish anywhere, regardless of skill. Every catch has the potential for fishing skill gains, but you are likely to catch worthless junk in areas that are too difficult for your skill. - This is great for those of you in Northrend that have 0 fishing as you can now fish and skill up while waiting around. No more going to SW or elsewhere to level the skill.
* You can now fish in Wintergrasp, and the fishin’ is good!
* You can no longer fail when Mining, Herbing, and Skinning.
* Northrend herbs now yield more herbs on average.
* The time it takes to gather herbs has been reduced.
* Added around 50 new glyph recipes. These new recipes can be obtained from Books of Glyph Mastery found as world drops on Northrend monsters. Reading a Book of Glyph Mastery randomly discovers one of the newly-added recipes.
* New Advanced features for quest tracking are now available. Players will need to activate this option within the Interface panel.
* Added new Video Mode Ultra (should only be used on the highest-end systems). – Nothing new, just maxes out every video option.
* A new feature has been added allowing players to allocate talent points before confirming they’d like to spend them. This feature must be turned on in the Interface Options. - I wish I would have done this before messing up my DPS spec and having to pay 20 gold to start over… lol
* On-Use items will display in the Objectives Tracking when tracking a quest that uses them. No more searching through your bags for that on-use quest item! - I like this.
* Badges and Emblems looted off of any dungeon bosses by a member of the party or raid will automatically be given to all eligible party or raid members. Party or raid members must still be inside the instance to receive Badges or Emblems. - Awesome way to speed up looting and raiding, long overdue.
* Hearthstone: Cooldown has been reduced to 30 minutes down from 60 minutes. - Another great change.
* Tiny Emerald Whelplings: May now (very rarely) drop from Adolescent Whelps in the Swamp of Sorrows.
So a bunch of changes that most likely will get missed in Druid blogs that I figured I would highlight here.