So I am downloading the MoP Beta now. It’s Big…. and slow.
Once it’s finished and I can get into play I will start posting and covering feral details. With this Beta extending to so many users I am sure there will be a lot of good information out there but I will make sure to put in my 2 cents… as usual.
So Requiem is 6/8 Heroic DS now and we are trucking along with a lot of new blood and sitting on a roster of about 31 players for our 25 man raid so we don’t ever really have a reason now to take a foot off the gas… which is good because now that MoP Beta is out we only have so much time to finish off current content on and finish up some achievements.
The main reason for my post is a look at the new glyphs. It looks like they are making a lot of the core talents we have had in the past and giving us the ability to keep them through glyphs. Personally I like as we will be able to change our play style much easier between encounters now. Let’s take a look…
- Glyph of Amberskin Protection – Reduces the chance you’ll be critically hit by 25% while Barkskin is active.
- Glyph of Cat Form – Increases healing done to you by 20% while in Cat Form.
- Glyph of Claw – Your Claw and Mangle (Cat) attacks reduce the movement speed of the target by 50% for 12 sec.
- Glyph of Fae Silence – Faerie Fire used in Bear Form also silences the target for 3 sec, but triggers a 15 sec cooldown.
- Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration – While Frenzied Regeneration is active healing effects on you are 40% more powerful, but causes your Frenzied Regeneration to cost 60 Rage initially and no longer convert rage into health.
- Glyph of Prowl – Reduces the movement penalty of Prowl by 100%.
- Glyph of Shred – While Berserk or Tiger’s Fury is active, Shred and Ravage have no positional requirement.
- Glyph of the Chameleon – Each time you shapeshift into Cat Form or Bear Form, your shapeshifted form will have a random hair color.
- Glyph of the Orca – Your Aquatic Form now appears as an Orca.
- Glyph of the Predator – Your Track Humanoids ability now also tracks beasts.
- Glyph of the Stag – Your Travel Form now appears as a Stag and can be used as a mount by party members.
So some pedestrian stuff replacing old talents, some fun stuff giving ferals a little something to play with how they look when shifted including a ridable form that will launch a 100 inappropriate jokes, the ability to track beast which I like, the awesome solo PvE stuff faster with not losing speed when stealthed, and a nonsense glyph which leads me to believe more bosses coming that I can’t shred… or lets hope it’s for PvP purposes.
As far as the next expac goes I am really liking everything Blizzard is bring to the table. Little pets battles, ranked 5 man dungeons with gear and mount rewards, more LFR goodness, a new race and class, lots of early raid content, and hopefully even account wide mounts, pets, and achievements which might have me playing my hunter more 😉
So not only do I have trouble getting motivated to log into SWTOR but it has been difficult to get motivated to write about the experience.
When beta testing I really thought the game had promise, of course with getting to a max level of 24 during that time I just assumed the game would get more enjoyable the higher level I attained. Gear would look sweeter, the story would become more epic, the worlds and quests more interesting… now on line at level 47 the only notable thing I can think of is I am killing Wookies now. The game play is clunky, the world feels… digital, crafting is lame, and the whole experience just has not sucked me in.
The game really is a WOW clone, but an early one. The game is lacking all the nice stuff Blizzard has added over the years like LFG, Achievements, Dual Specs… and the list goes on. I don’t blame Bioware, it isn’t their fault the task to create as polished as a product that Blizzard has created with WoW is just insurmountable… Well, maybe it isn’t but you can’t do it when spending so much time and energy on voice acting… which gets old by the way, especially when you have to hear your character say the same packaged responses over and over.
Folks, no MMO is going to knock WoW off it’s perch. The investment in time and money just won’t happen, not to mention how difficult it is to get the community and addons up to speed. And think, Blizzard is working on Titan while WoW just keeps on trucking.
I have 25 days left to get to level 50. I do plan on getting my character there if I can sludge through these last 3 levels. After the 25 days left I am done with SWTOR. I just feel no motivation to even look at endgame raiding.
I am looking forward to Beta testing MoP and will definitely be writing what I can about it just as I did for Cata.
Didn’t take long at all really, not sure why we just didn’t do this sooner and be farming heroic gear… but whatever right 🙂
We now move to 4/8 in Heroic DS 25. Next up is Zon’ozz. Hopefully he falls Thursday night and we put the first 5 bosses on Heroic farm…. get geared up for part two and the last 3 encounters.
FWIW Yor’sahj was supposedly easy cause at least 1 lock respecced into an AoE stun making sure the healers didn’t get gibbed by the adds from the black ooze.
No video on this, our fearless leader didn’t think we would get it so early in the night… now he will be fraping lots of Zon wipes 😉
Feral tip on this fight… Reforge into Hit/Exp>Haste>Crit>Mastery. This will help maximize damage on the adds and oozes and will boost overall damage for the fight.