Now in wait for MoP mode. Diablo III thoughts and tips.
So our guild has Heroic DS on farm and we have shortened our raid week to 1 night until MoP.
Currently most of us are filling our time playing Diablo III.
I am having an absolute blast playing Diablo III. It is a lot of fun and I am enjoying it more than I expected. I just got my Barbarian to level 40 somewhere in Act II of Nightmare. Here are some tips…
- Take your time in normal mode and see what Achievements you can get in each Act before moving forward. There is a lot to discover and you will miss it if you are trying to rush through to the end of the game. You can always look for it later in Nightmare but as things get increasingly difficult you might find yourself wishing you completed some stuff back on normal.
- If you are a Barbarian you want Strength. Also, when things get tough you want a 1-H weapon that does awesome damage and a shield with a high chance to block that absorbs lots of damage… and has Strength.
- Note the above tip, this might mean frequent visits to the AH. The Auction House is accessible from the Character Selection Screen. Although lots of Magic and Rare quality items fall while playing the AH will let you find items more appropriately itemized and with the precise searching you can definitely find something affordable that will make surviving a lot easier.
- Get used to DEing both Blues and Rares though depending on what you need you might want to sell more of the early rares to vendors for gold. Good rares will sell on the AH but you are limited to 10 items on the AH at a time and you most likely are going to run short of space quickly. Good Rares sell on the AH if you don’t need them, bad rares just vendor or DE. Don’t forget to use some Rare and Magic items to gear your companions… all of them. You can use them as extended bank space doing this as well.
- You won’t see Blacksmith or JC pages until nightmare… just an FYI.
- Diablo III boss fights have strategy, they are not sit in one place and attack. I have found gear selection, companion selection, and running away while waiting for cooldowns works well.
- The fastest way to die is to stand in X. Don’t stand in fire, poison, explosions, lasers, etc.