Mist Feral Raid Thoughts
Sorry I have not been posting much, but my gosh so much to do and so little time. Rep grinds, Challenge modes (I still want to do these but have not had the chance), pet battles and collecting, the up coming Brawlers guild, etc…
I received an e-mail from a reader in Australia and though I should put up my thoughts on raiding so far… the kitty tips.. so here goes.
- The Stone Guard – This fight has a lot of potential for kitty DPS. Basically, double dot and keep them up. On heroic burn DPS cool downs only when you have tiles lit. Pray you don’t get chained to a healer. Make sure ranged run to you when chained to minimize dps down time.
- Feng the Accursed – Another decent fight for us kitties. Try to maximize bleed uptime as you will spend time away from the boss in intervals. Be prepared to use your defensive cool downs.
- Gara’jal – Yes, another good fight for us… try to not be a person to take the idols and you will top the meters for sure. Since you main attack need to be from behind (shred) we are not optimal imho for going in anyway 😉
- Spirit Kings – Don’t die and you will top the meters here too. Nothing special, just live and do your thing.
- Elegon – Horrible fight for us to top meters imho, however our burst is extremely useful on downing the Energy Charge’s fast. Save your dps cool downs for this as getting 5-6 round of these down is the key to the fight. Bleeds don’t help us much on this fight, if there is a fight where hit capping is more important than mastery this is it. Make sure you clear you stacks after killing each Energy Charge. Be prepared to use your defensive cool downs at the very end.
- Will of the Emperor – Ugh. Not a big fan of this fight. I currently tank strengths on one side of the room, which I am thankful for mind you as doing the dance at the boss sucks, maybe I just need more practice as you would think speedy kitties would be the best bet for it. As feral save your DPS cool downs for when gas comes out. If you tank strengths put your bear taunt on your kitty bar, you might need it to grab a 2nd strength or if one gets pulled off by agro. You might want to also keybind shifting back to kitty from bear. YOU DON’’T WANT TO USE A BEAR SPEC. If you are in bear spec you might get courage’s sent your way, and that is not a good thing. As soon as your strengths are all dead after the gas phase go put a little dps on the nearest boss before getting back into position for the next strength add. Don’t bother trying to do the dance, it’s not worth it if your main job are the strength’s. Keeping those controlled on the sides is more important. Be prepared to use your defensive cool downs during gas phase and in case you screw up.
Heart of Fear:
- Zor’lok – Decent fight for us though I am not a big fan of running around in circles while trying to DPS. Help your raid out with stampede. Make sure to time your DPS cool downs so they are not wasted when running to another platform. Use dash. Be prepared to use your defensive cool downs.
- Ta’yak – Ok, I love this fight.
I can’t remember the last time I took first in any fight since I have been with Requiem. Bleed uptime is huge on this fight. Our speed in kitty form helps. If you are good at the tornado run you should do well on this fight. Make sure to keybind kitty shift as when you first get force hit by tornado’s it will shift you out of kitty automatically and you will need to shift back into kitty quickly. Use a quick heal in form before you make a run for it. If you are bad and get hit by any tornados back out of kitty you go… I found keybinding the shift to cat is necessary for this fight, I have not had it bound since the days of power shifting and doing PvP.
- Garalon – Not a big fan of this fight. We basically camp out on the back 2 legs the whole fight and stand on the double damage circles but melee with better cleaves destroy us on this fight. Best bet is try to keep up bleeds on 1-2 legs and the body to maximize what we can do. Be ready to use lots of defensive cool downs. Don’t ever go into the pink circle under the boss. Who knew Garalon had his ride pimped with neon undercarriage lighting.
- Wind Lord Mel’jarak – Just started on this one, we are getting real close. Spread bleeds to non CCed mobs. Interrupt the healer. Take getting ambered out of the group. Release people when they get ambered.
So far raiding has been a lot of fun. I have been pretty lucky gearing up. I love the new extra loot rolls we get from daily rewards. I am totally loving the expansion, they have made just a ton of changes that I believe have changed the game for the better.