Patch 4…. whatever… Kitty Changes.
Changes for Druids coming up…
- Barkskin is no longer dispellable.
- Healing Touch is now trained at level 78, up from level 3.
- Lacerate damage has been reduced by approximately 20%.
- Mangle (Bear Form) weapon damage (at level 80+) has been reduced to 235%, down from 300%.
- Mangle (Cat Form) weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased to 460%, up from 360%.
- Maul damage has been reduced by approximately 20%.
- Mount Up: This guild perk now applies to Flight Form and Swift Flight Form as well.
- Nourish is now trained at level 8, down from level 78.
- Omen of Clarity can no longer trigger from helpful spells (aka heals), unless the Restoration talent Malfurion’s Gift is chosen.
- Rake damage has been reduced by 10%.
- Rejuvenation is now trained at level 3, down from level 8. In addition, its mana cost has been reduced from 26% to 16%.
- Rip damage has been reduced by 10%.
- Shred weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased to 450%, up from 350%.
My only problem with the changes is that we are coming into content that supposedly is melee unfriendly according to Paragon who is on the edge of raiding progression… So I see this as a nerf because I have a feeling to be viable we have to run out of the action a lot. Even without that info I have this strange feeling they hid a nerf in there somewhere. My guess from these changes is that Mastery value just fell some… maybe haste too. I am thinking (without any math) that after agility, Crit might be the more attractive stat now… but probably not. It does however look to make our DPS more weapon dependent now though doesn’t it… bah, I suppose that has been the case for a while now anyway ever since the fixed our poor scaling in BC.
Only time will tell. I am currently working hard on my Boomkin set with help from Graylo and his gear LIST. I want to be prepared if having melee in group is as unforgiving as Paragon has made it sound.