Pre Wrath Raid gear revisted.
So you are new to WOW and your druid just hit 80 and you have decided to try your hand raiding as a feral druid.
You have rolled a feral druid alt and you just hit 80 and want to spend some time away from your main and want to start raiding 25 man with him/her.
Here is a post for all of you.
Let me start first by saying the best way into Naxx 25 is to be prepared to tank or dps. This means you have 2 options.
- Spend the gold for dual talent specialization.
- Hybrid feral spec for both tanking and dps
That being said here is the gear you want your hands on. I will list both easy to get (quest gear), a little tougher to get (instance drops), and takes time to get (BoE that are expensive on AH, faction gear that takes grinds, gear that costs Heroic badges, or even arena gear).
- Easy – Headguard of Retaliation – reward from Vengeance Be Mine!
- Tougher – Helm of Cheated Fate or Mask of the Watcher both of which drop from Heroic instance bosses.
- Arena – Deadly Gladiator’s Dragonhide Helm which only requires a 1450 rating.
- Easy – Choker of the Betrayer – Quest from a line that starts with killing Withered Troll and finding Unliving Choker.
- Tougher – Necklace of the Chrono-Lord or Necklace of Arcane Spheres both instance drops.
- $$$ – Titanium Impact Choker crafted or Pendant of the Outcast Hero which cost 25 Heroic badges.
- Only 1 option here for any respectable feral to make, Trollwoven Spaulders crafted and great for both tanking and DPS.
- Another just do it item – Ice Striker’s Cloak which is another crafted piece. Sure you might have a good rare level cloak already but people taking you to raids want to see purple. However they also want to see +hit so don’t replace Cloak of the Gushing Wound if you already happen to have it.
- Easy – Exotic Leather Tunic quest reward from Junk in My Trunk.
- Tougher – Darkheart Chestguard which takes Ebon Hold Exalted which takes time but at least you can work on it alone.
- IMPORTANT – Heroes’ Dreamwalker Raiments which costs 80 Heroic badges but you want to get to the 2T7 bonus as quickly as possible.
- Easy, Important, and Kept – Polar Vest – A great starting item especially if you need stamina which you will on some Naxx fights and Frost Resist which is also going to come in handy tanking certain Wrath bosses. Put all +Stamina gems in it. Don’t try to balance the piece with other stats or get the socket bonus.
- Easy – Drake-Champion’s Bracers or King’s Square Bracers which are BoE drop to be found on AH for pretty cheap I bet.
- Tougher – Dragonfriend Bracers from Exalted Wyrmrest Accord
- RNG – Bindings of the Tunneler from Heroic UK
- Easy – Handwraps of Preserved History quest reward from A Royal Escort
- $$$ – Gloves of Fast Reactions from AH
- IMPORTANT – Heroes’ Dreamwalker Handgrips which cost 60 Heroic badges but is need to complete the 2T7 bonus from the chest.
- Another best choice in my opinion – Trollwoven Girdle which is another crafted item.
- Polar Cord – Another stamina item and Frost Resist item you will need situationaly. Add a socket and put all +Stamina gems in it. Don’t try to balance the piece with other stats or get the socket bonus.
- Easy – Chain Gang Legguards which are BoE and should be readily available on the AH.
- Tougher – Mind-Expanding Leggings from Kirin Tor Revered rep grind.
- RNG – Gored Hide Legguards from Heroic Gundrak.
- Easy – The Darkspeaker’s Treads from quest Mind Tricks.
- Tougher – Boots of the Whirling Mist, Slag Footguards, Gorloc Muddy Footwraps all from instance drops.
- Easy, Important, and Kept – Polar Boots – Again, Put all +Stamina gems in it. Don’t try to balance the piece with other stats or get the socket bonus.
- Easy – Signet of Bridenbrad from quest Light Within the Darkness / Frog-Toe Band from quest Basic Chemistry / Jagged Ice Band from quest The Brothers Bronzebeard / Ring of Foul Mojo from quest For Posterity
- $$$ – Titanium Impact Band crafted or Band of the Kirin Tor
- RNG – Hemorrhaging Circle
- Easy – Darkmoon Card: Greatness the agility version or maybe even Darkmoon Card: Death depending on your professions or time to run Heroics.
- Tougher – Shard of Contempt but you might need the help of 1 more person since soloing Heroic Magisters’ Terrace might be a little tough at your gear level or Battlemaster’s Conviction which would take getting some honor from BG’s or depending on your profession Figurine – Emerald Boar, Mighty Alchemist’s Stone, Figurine – Shadowsong Panther, Mirror of Truth is also real nice if you end up with 40 Heroic badges to spare. For tanking the crafted trinkets if you have the profession look like this… Figurine – Monarch Crab, Figurine – Ruby Hare, Indestructible Alchemist’s Stone, Sonic Booster.
- RNG – Incisor Fragment, Meteorite Whetstone, Essence of Gossamer, which are instance drops.
- Easy – Titansteel Destroyer crafted.
- Tougher – Silvery Sylvan Stave which requires Argent Tournament Champions Seals, 25 to be exact. The Horde equivalent is the Staff of Feral Furies.
- RNG – Staff of Trickery from Heroic VH.
- Not many options here for the new Feral Druid…
- Idol of the Wastes from quest My Old Enemy also for tanking Idol of the Plainstalker from Get Me Outa Here!
- Idol of Perspicacious Attacks from 3 PvP quests in grizzly hills for the 30 coin needed to buy it.
- IMPORTANT – Try to find time for 15 Heroic badges and get the Idol of the Ravenous Beast
- OPTIONAL – Once you get decently geared at level 80 consider going back and soloing some heroic BC content for badges to buy Idol of Terror. You only need 20 badges so the grind won’t be horrible and it is the best in slot idol til Ulduar loot. At only 10 more agility on proc though your time might be better served just sticking with the Plainstalker mentioned previously.
Well, good luck in your endeavors of playing a feral druid into endgame raiding. You should find the flexibility of going from really good DPS to strong tank very rewarding.