Using Emblems of Triumph wisely… 2T9 bonus for Cats
If you are like me you are trying to run the daily heroic as much as you can for the new Emblems of Triumph.
So as you accumulate this new currency for Epic goodies how do you decide which items to get first.
Here are some simple guidelines you should consider when making your decision.
- Replace your worst gear first. Purchase the upgrade which gives you the largest increase in DPS pertaining to one of the big Theorycrafters (RAWR, Toskk, Fbn)
- Wait on T9. The same Theorycrafters listed above have not taken a big stance on the new set bonus and neither has anyone else. Wait for more hard evidence as to T9 bonus value before saving large amounts of Emblems to get the 2 piece bonus. The exception to this rule however is if you managed to get a Trophy of the Crusade, then you might want to save up.
- Don’t break 4T8 if you have it. See above, wait for more 2T9 information. 4T9 will not be good for feral DPS compared to Heroic ToC 25 Epic gear.
- Look at how your stats are going to change. Try to keep Hit close to 230 and be careful losing Crit to haste. Try to plan out a few upgrades in the future to have your stats out of balance for as short a period as possible.
- When looking a couple of upgrades out try to look at the big picture and you ultimately want to avoid wasting Emblems for something you would replace before Icecrown.
- Keep in mind the value an upgrade will have for both tanking and DPS roles if that is how you are dual spec. An item that is good for both roles might be a better early upgrade than 1 one that is best only for a single role.
Personally I am going to either get Duskstalker Shoulderpads to upgrade Treacherous Shoulderpads or Dexterous Brightstone Ring to replace Strong-Handed Ring for an opening purchase. The ring believe it or not would most likely be the larger of the two upgrades DPS wise… just scary stats on a ring I tell ya.
Personally I think I am going to wait for Heroic T9 Tokens unless I end up with Emblems of Triumph to burn. T9 using Emblems of Triumph will be my last purchase I would probably make and that would be at the point I have filled in other BiS slots and would get rid of 2T8 bonus for the 2T9 ( assuming the numbers people preach it’s use soon ).
NightCrowler has 2T9 in his BiS model however he also admits that he needs to do more testing and his current list was just a starting point. Apparently RAWR is not valuing 2T9 very highly either and Toskk still likes using T6 gear in some slots so you have to take some things with a grain of salt.
The Jacemora anti-number-sim-craft says take a hard look at the ring, shoulders, helm, and idol before blowing Emblems on T9.