Sorry I have not been posting much, but my gosh so much to do and so little time. Rep grinds, Challenge modes (I still want to do these but have not had the chance), pet battles and collecting, the up coming Brawlers guild, etc…
I received an e-mail from a reader in Australia and though I should put up my thoughts on raiding so far… the kitty tips.. so here goes.
- The Stone Guard – This fight has a lot of potential for kitty DPS. Basically, double dot and keep them up. On heroic burn DPS cool downs only when you have tiles lit. Pray you don’t get chained to a healer. Make sure ranged run to you when chained to minimize dps down time.
- Feng the Accursed – Another decent fight for us kitties. Try to maximize bleed uptime as you will spend time away from the boss in intervals. Be prepared to use your defensive cool downs.
- Gara’jal – Yes, another good fight for us… try to not be a person to take the idols and you will top the meters for sure. Since you main attack need to be from behind (shred) we are not optimal imho for going in anyway
- Spirit Kings – Don’t die and you will top the meters here too. Nothing special, just live and do your thing.
- Elegon – Horrible fight for us to top meters imho, however our burst is extremely useful on downing the Energy Charge’s fast. Save your dps cool downs for this as getting 5-6 round of these down is the key to the fight. Bleeds don’t help us much on this fight, if there is a fight where hit capping is more important than mastery this is it. Make sure you clear you stacks after killing each Energy Charge. Be prepared to use your defensive cool downs at the very end.
- Will of the Emperor – Ugh. Not a big fan of this fight. I currently tank strengths on one side of the room, which I am thankful for mind you as doing the dance at the boss sucks, maybe I just need more practice as you would think speedy kitties would be the best bet for it. As feral save your DPS cool downs for when gas comes out. If you tank strengths put your bear taunt on your kitty bar, you might need it to grab a 2nd strength or if one gets pulled off by agro. You might want to also keybind shifting back to kitty from bear. YOU DON’’T WANT TO USE A BEAR SPEC. If you are in bear spec you might get courage’s sent your way, and that is not a good thing. As soon as your strengths are all dead after the gas phase go put a little dps on the nearest boss before getting back into position for the next strength add. Don’t bother trying to do the dance, it’s not worth it if your main job are the strength’s. Keeping those controlled on the sides is more important. Be prepared to use your defensive cool downs during gas phase and in case you screw up.
Heart of Fear:
- Zor’lok – Decent fight for us though I am not a big fan of running around in circles while trying to DPS. Help your raid out with stampede. Make sure to time your DPS cool downs so they are not wasted when running to another platform. Use dash. Be prepared to use your defensive cool downs.
- Ta’yak – Ok, I love this fight.
I can’t remember the last time I took first in any fight since I have been with Requiem. Bleed uptime is huge on this fight. Our speed in kitty form helps. If you are good at the tornado run you should do well on this fight. Make sure to keybind kitty shift as when you first get force hit by tornado’s it will shift you out of kitty automatically and you will need to shift back into kitty quickly. Use a quick heal in form before you make a run for it. If you are bad and get hit by any tornados back out of kitty you go… I found keybinding the shift to cat is necessary for this fight, I have not had it bound since the days of power shifting and doing PvP.
- Garalon – Not a big fan of this fight. We basically camp out on the back 2 legs the whole fight and stand on the double damage circles but melee with better cleaves destroy us on this fight. Best bet is try to keep up bleeds on 1-2 legs and the body to maximize what we can do. Be ready to use lots of defensive cool downs. Don’t ever go into the pink circle under the boss. Who knew Garalon had his ride pimped with neon undercarriage lighting.
- Wind Lord Mel’jarak – Just started on this one, we are getting real close. Spread bleeds to non CCed mobs. Interrupt the healer. Take getting ambered out of the group. Release people when they get ambered.
So far raiding has been a lot of fun. I have been pretty lucky gearing up. I love the new extra loot rolls we get from daily rewards. I am totally loving the expansion, they have made just a ton of changes that I believe have changed the game for the better.
So I have been playing the MoP beta when time allows and after leveling to 87 I have found myself way more enamored by the new pet battle system and collecting.
Basically you go back to starting zones, fly around and find battle pets to fight, go through the trainer quests, and start beating and collecting wild pets.
Note: You don’t know if any given pet you battle will be of poor, common, uncommon, or rare quality until it is captured (you can tell though by looking at the health and level during the fight so you can always give up early and move on.) Any pet can end up rare, you just have to keep fighting til you find it.
You level up your pets similar to leveling a character from level 1, picking zones where you can find pets of similar level. Don’t go thinking you can go straight to capturing pets while leveling to 87… cause you can’t. The battle pets found while leveling in MoP are a much higher level than yours starting out. Hopefully Pet Battles will be added pre-expansion so we can get some pets leveled up prior to venturing out into Pandaria.
My website was down for server upgrades at my host. Back up again now.
No new updates on the WoW Beta front because I have been playing Diablo 3 however since Diablo 3 lately has been such a disappointment (tired of spending so much time in AH filters to get the gear I need to play a Barb in Act 3 Inferno buying gear from mostly people that gamed the game early on) I plan on getting some more time in the MoP Beta under my belt especially since the max level was finally increased all the way to 90 (since the last time I was playing in the beta… which was a while ago.) Whew… yes I know… more periods.
I am pretty disappointed atm with Blizzard to be honest. Diablo 3 was a lot of fun at first but I have to agree that ilvl 63 rares should have some garanteed lowest level stats. Discovering an ilvl 63 and revealing it’s stats should be exciting and not what it is now which is the expectation (and typical realization) that the item is worthless. This should also hold true for ilvl 60, 61, 62, etc. If you are successful in reaching and being able to play in Inferno there should be at least a chance at a reward…. even in Act 1.
Also, I am really worried about when MoP is going to be released. Currently our guild is clearing Heroic DS in one night just to farm BiS gear (we are close to done) and Mounts (I would say 50% done). So I am playing WoW a Grand Total of 2 hours a week. Pretty sad. I am pretty sure this is going to drop to zero pretty soon (baring beta play) and can’t imagine the player loss that is going to occur if MoP is looking at a Dec release.
Any who, sorry to those that use this site as a resource as it was done for a little while. Should be up now again for a long time.
So our guild has Heroic DS on farm and we have shortened our raid week to 1 night until MoP.
Currently most of us are filling our time playing Diablo III.
I am having an absolute blast playing Diablo III. It is a lot of fun and I am enjoying it more than I expected. I just got my Barbarian to level 40 somewhere in Act II of Nightmare. Here are some tips…
- Take your time in normal mode and see what Achievements you can get in each Act before moving forward. There is a lot to discover and you will miss it if you are trying to rush through to the end of the game. You can always look for it later in Nightmare but as things get increasingly difficult you might find yourself wishing you completed some stuff back on normal.
- If you are a Barbarian you want Strength. Also, when things get tough you want a 1-H weapon that does awesome damage and a shield with a high chance to block that absorbs lots of damage… and has Strength.
- Note the above tip, this might mean frequent visits to the AH. The Auction House is accessible from the Character Selection Screen. Although lots of Magic and Rare quality items fall while playing the AH will let you find items more appropriately itemized and with the precise searching you can definitely find something affordable that will make surviving a lot easier.
- Get used to DEing both Blues and Rares though depending on what you need you might want to sell more of the early rares to vendors for gold. Good rares will sell on the AH but you are limited to 10 items on the AH at a time and you most likely are going to run short of space quickly. Good Rares sell on the AH if you don’t need them, bad rares just vendor or DE. Don’t forget to use some Rare and Magic items to gear your companions… all of them. You can use them as extended bank space doing this as well.
- You won’t see Blacksmith or JC pages until nightmare… just an FYI.
- Diablo III boss fights have strategy, they are not sit in one place and attack. I have found gear selection, companion selection, and running away while waiting for cooldowns works well.
- The fastest way to die is to stand in X. Don’t stand in fire, poison, explosions, lasers, etc.
Heroic Spine and Madness down (for me) this week. The guild did it last week without me (/sniffle). I had been out of raiding for a couple weeks with just a rotten horrible virus or something and couldn’t stay awake. So now I am rocking my “Savior of Azeroth” title… fun stuff. Next week looks to be getting achievements done for drakes. So far the achievements have been pretty easy and straight forward, if that changes and I learn any tips or tricks I will be sure to let everyone know (and no, switching from a 25 man to a 10 man to get achieves is not a tip or trick and we won’t do that).
I have not been very active in the beta, honestly I am waiting for the level cap in the beta to be 90 and then I plan on getting my druid which I copied to max level to see how the questing flow is.
I am very excited about all the features and changes coming in the expansion. It look like account wide achievements is about a done deal and account wide mounts and pets a possibility. The new pet battle system looks like a fun thing, actually in game farmville… I dunno, probably not so much. Maybe Blizzard is trying to fin ways for couples to play together (But honey, while I am raiding you can be tending the farm and battling squirrels!)
I am very much looking forward to the 5 man competitive dungeons, achievements, and rewards. Having something like this to work on with others in the guild with a smaller player group and less time commitment could be really fun and create some niche players for sure.
I hope we don’t have too long to wait for the expansion but I am guessing Nov/Dec time frame?