So Requiem is 6/8 Heroic DS now and we are trucking along with a lot of new blood and sitting on a roster of about 31 players for our 25 man raid so we don’t ever really have a reason now to take a foot off the gas… which is good because now that MoP Beta is out we only have so much time to finish off current content on and finish up some achievements.
The main reason for my post is a look at the new glyphs. It looks like they are making a lot of the core talents we have had in the past and giving us the ability to keep them through glyphs. Personally I like as we will be able to change our play style much easier between encounters now. Let’s take a look…
- Glyph of Amberskin Protection – Reduces the chance you’ll be critically hit by 25% while Barkskin is active.
- Glyph of Cat Form – Increases healing done to you by 20% while in Cat Form.
- Glyph of Claw – Your Claw and Mangle (Cat) attacks reduce the movement speed of the target by 50% for 12 sec.
- Glyph of Fae Silence – Faerie Fire used in Bear Form also silences the target for 3 sec, but triggers a 15 sec cooldown.
- Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration – While Frenzied Regeneration is active healing effects on you are 40% more powerful, but causes your Frenzied Regeneration to cost 60 Rage initially and no longer convert rage into health.
- Glyph of Prowl – Reduces the movement penalty of Prowl by 100%.
- Glyph of Shred – While Berserk or Tiger’s Fury is active, Shred and Ravage have no positional requirement.
- Glyph of the Chameleon – Each time you shapeshift into Cat Form or Bear Form, your shapeshifted form will have a random hair color.
- Glyph of the Orca – Your Aquatic Form now appears as an Orca.
- Glyph of the Predator – Your Track Humanoids ability now also tracks beasts.
- Glyph of the Stag – Your Travel Form now appears as a Stag and can be used as a mount by party members.
So some pedestrian stuff replacing old talents, some fun stuff giving ferals a little something to play with how they look when shifted including a ridable form that will launch a 100 inappropriate jokes, the ability to track beast which I like, the awesome solo PvE stuff faster with not losing speed when stealthed, and a nonsense glyph which leads me to believe more bosses coming that I can’t shred… or lets hope it’s for PvP purposes.
As far as the next expac goes I am really liking everything Blizzard is bring to the table. Little pets battles, ranked 5 man dungeons with gear and mount rewards, more LFR goodness, a new race and class, lots of early raid content, and hopefully even account wide mounts, pets, and achievements which might have me playing my hunter more 😉
Didn’t take long at all really, not sure why we just didn’t do this sooner and be farming heroic gear… but whatever right
We now move to 4/8 in Heroic DS 25. Next up is Zon’ozz. Hopefully he falls Thursday night and we put the first 5 bosses on Heroic farm…. get geared up for part two and the last 3 encounters.
FWIW Yor’sahj was supposedly easy cause at least 1 lock respecced into an AoE stun making sure the healers didn’t get gibbed by the adds from the black ooze.
No video on this, our fearless leader didn’t think we would get it so early in the night… now he will be fraping lots of Zon wipes 😉
Feral tip on this fight… Reforge into Hit/Exp>Haste>Crit>Mastery. This will help maximize damage on the adds and oozes and will boost overall damage for the fight.
Brutal, just brutal.
The DPS race on this one is so tight we have continually just missed it over and over from either simple mistakes and people dying and disconnects. Basically the only way we could get it down was just to have one death and a fast battle rez…. and don’t get me started about how I can’t use shred… seriously, WTF?
I can shred to my hearts content on Deathwing without a positional requirement but not on this fight. GG Blizzard, gimp ferals on the first DPS check in Heroics in DS, we love you too. Yes, I know rogues got shortchanged as well but they get a legendary so it’s a wash.
Anyway, basically as a feral to maximize DPS for this fight you switch Berserk glyph for mangle glyph to boost mangle damage. I have tried both reforging to haste, hit, expertise (Ultraxion doesn’t parry so just enough expertise to avoid dodges) and also to mastery, crit, hit… and so on and so forth, very little change… about none really.
So basically do your best to minimize time out of the Twilight but without cutting it so close you die. Try to max your bleed uptimes which shouldn’t be too tough either. Basically with very little Heroic gear I consistently put out about 35K DPS.
This week we finally start working on Yor’sahj the Unsleeping Heroic. Should be fun.
Was a ton of fun getting this down. Overall a pretty enjoyable fight.
We are now 2/8 in 25 man Heroic DS and will definitely get to 3/8 or 4/8 this week.
We are still looking for a couple of DPS, Healers, and a Tank/DPS…. probably looking for 3-5 more players to make sure we can keep progression rolling and avoid a night where 1-2 missing raiders pushes us back… again…
Anyone interested in joining a strong, fun 25 man raiding guild APPLY