Apparently Alpacaa is also a writer and singer… who knew. This video of our Yogg +0 fight from last night deserved it’s own thread.
I followed the instructions for the last post and determined what I already knew.
I mean thanks for the Toskk’s Maximized Wristguards a month ago Saurpuss but what have you done for me lately.
I think I would prefer Hersir’s Greatspear… I mean I can already hit high Crit % so I would prefer less crit from rating and agility and pick up ArP and Hit to get to the ArP hard cap and to make up for the lack of Hit on our T10…. I dunno, maybe I just don’t feel good about seeing Distant Land fall… /sigh
Lastly, we scored another server first last night and a server 2nd… Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion… (10) and Full House (10). As the only guild to manage both Herald of the Titans and A Tribute to Dedicated Insanity (10) on our server we are kinda bummed of the lack of a similar gear limiting Achievement for Icecrown… being the title whore I am probably bummed more than the rest… it won’t be long before more than 10 people are running around with my Argent Defender title.
I still believe Blizzard has done a great job appealing to all the players out there between 10 and 25 man raids and corresponding achievements with heriocs and hard modes there really does seam to be everything for everyone at the moment.
Visited the Druids Info Center forums over at Emmerald’s this morning and found this Gem of a post from poster RareBeast… thought I would share.
Download Rawr from http://rawr.codeplex.com
(1) Tools => Options => General Settings – I click “buff sources”, “Gem Names” & “Item types”
(2) Tools => Edit Gemming Templates – I set it to only show the top gemming template as it is simpler than seeing multiple versions of each item
Setting up your Character
(1) File => Load Character from Armory
(2) Make sure the “Enforce Gem Requirements” is checked on the “Stats” tab
(3) On the “Buffs” tab, select all the buffs you want – I select all buffs except the Draenei & potions (I usually save it for a health pot)
(4) Change any settings on the “Options” tab – this is different for each model – I usually set a 5 minute fight, but you may want longer.
(5) In the “Comparisons” pane (right hand side), for each slot, left click on the little diamond next to any other items you have that weren’t equipped when you imported your character from the armory – there should be a green diamond next to each item you own
(6) Similarly, mark any other enchants you have access too that weren’t on your current gear (I normally select the top 1-3 for each slot).
(7) Tools => Edit Gemming Templates – make sure the correct gems are selected – usually it is ok to use the default but for poorly geared alts I often change it to the rare gems. (Doesn’t have to be every possible gemming!! Just the fairly common ones)
(8) In the “Comparisons” pane mark any other gems available that you might need that didn’t appear in any of the templates. For Feral I make sure I mark the Nightmare Tear, 20ArPen & 10Agi/10Haste gems.
(9) File => Save!!!!
Optmising Your Character
(1) Tools => Optimise
(2) Select what you want to optimise for – For Feral, I optimise for DPS rating (Selecting overall for feral would include survivability)
(3) Add any additional requirements – You might like to select “Avoided Attacks % < 0" if you want to be hit/expertise capped. I DON'T do this as enforcing the caps may(often) give you a result which has a lower DPS score. Also, for tanks you might like to set "Chance to be crit < 0"
(4) Thoroughness - Time take to optimise varies greatly with which model you are using and how good your PC is (and how many items you have marked). Try an optimise at the default setting to see how long it takes and then adjust this slider accordingly. Greater thoroughness will often give you a better result - I use max thoroughness for my feral and it doesn't take too long - make sure you don't have silly items marked ie. don't have T7 or T8 stuff marked if you have T10 gear - trinkets "may" be an exception as things like Darkmoon Card, ArPen trinkets are OP for their ILvl.
(5) I would suggest ignoring most of the check boxes at this stage. It can be useful to let it pick the best food/flask for you, but I usually leave all these unchecked.
(6) Hit "Optimise" and let Rawr do what it does best!!
Using the Build Upgrade List
Say you are running 10man regular Icecrown Citadel tonight. You can use the "Filters" in the "Comparison" pane of Rawr to select only the 10 man reg Icecrown loot. Then select the "Slot" dropdown and select "Direct Upgrades". You may think that it is then showing all items that are an upgrade for you in 10 man reg Icecrown but this may not be the case. If your current gear is Hit Capped, then +hit items in the lists will be devalued and may not show as an upgrade. But you may be able to fiddle around with gems/enchants or switch in a piece or two that you have sitting in the bank and find that those items which aren't showing as upgrades may actually be significant upgrades. The "Build Upgrade List" allows Rawr to take all these things into account and show every item that will be an upgrade for you. (Often this will fairly closely match what is show in the comparison pane, but you do get a few suprises).
** A warning: This option takes significantly longer to process so it is important that you are fairly strict with your filter settings to reduce the number of items Rawr has to process. Don't just select Icecrown. Select 10 Man regular Icecrown. Or even better (at the moment) select only "The Lower Spire" & "The Plagueworks". **
(1) Tools => Optimise
(2) Your options remain basically the same as what are discussed under “Optimising Your Character” above
(3) Once again, try on a lower “Thoroughness” setting until you see how fast/slow it is with the options/gear you have selected (I use max on my feral)
(4) Hit “Build Upgrade List”
(5) After it has finished you get a new window with a list of the upgrades. If you hover over each one, then the tooltip shows what combination of gear/gems/enchants give you the best results with the potential upgrade.
I have been swamped with work so my posts have been non existent lately. Thought I would get people caught up a little on our ICC progress…
This week we got another 10 man server first…
We downed the Professor on our 3rd try.
Some of the things holding us back on our first 10 attempts (Although in that first week we did get him to 4% one attempt) was the fact that slime kept growing during the stun which it should not have been doing apparently. We found the big key to this fight is you must start on the green side and then transition to the orange after he puts the first slime pools down. This way the person in the Abom is eating slime right where the ooze will spawn. This gives the best chance at not only debuffing the ooze but slowing it as well.
Gratz go out to our 25 man, tonight we downed Festergut (no Distant Land unfortunately) on our 2nd attempt. We are getting real close on Rotface but ran out of time… hopefully Sunday.
My DKP continues to build as I wait for both a new weapon and/or Deathbringer’s Will (which fell but went for over 50% of my DKP). I really need to take the time to figure out what is really important to get in 25′s to balance what falls in 10′s… unfortunately time is a rare thing for me atm.
I hope to post another DPS guide for kitties in ICC for the new wing soon… maybe Friday night.
Congratulations to AC on not only downing Deathbringer Saurfang in 25 man last night, but doing it in Server First style as well when we got the I’ve Gone and Made a Mess (25 player) achievement.
We now have 3 10 man teams rocking in ICC along with what is becoming a solid rotation of 25 people raiding 3 nights a week.
You might have noticed I put up a new widget tracking our progress in QuildOx, a nice website that tracks guild progression and achievements.
Last night I was added as one of the lucky druids to get Toskk’s Maximized Wristguards… I was giddy, I won’t lie… glad to be wearing gear which represents the druid Theory Crafting and blogging community.
Tonight it is back to ICC 10 man style and more attempts at achievements… hopefully we can get another 1 or 2 out of the way tonight… I think we are at least determined to figure out I’m on a Boat (10 player) which should not be too tough.
As far as gear… I need to fix my gear page but right now I am wearing 4T9.25 in all but the hands slot where I have Scourge Stranglers. This setup along with agility food and AP Flask has proven to be my best DPS model for whatever reason. I am still gemmed half and half agility/ArP and until I get an ArP trinket (I keep losing the roll for the Needle-Encrusted Scorpion) I am going to stick with the mix… it not only just seems to feel right but I am cheap and don’t want to make any wholesale changes. Personally I think my Crit is getting a little too high and I probably could switch to all ArP gems but have you seen the prices of Epic reds lately… woof.
With my current setup and a good raid comp I am holding steady at about 8200DPS +/-200DPS on Saurfang which is a great fight for gauging melee DPS right now.
On a side note, I hit 11K DPS on XT in Ulduar… while talking on the phone… lol I am guessing had I been paying full attention 12K would have been likely… we managed to get Must Deconstruct Faster (25 player) which was kinda neat since no one really needed the hard mode kill for anything.
All and All, having a lot of fun DPSing in raids and Tanking in 5 mans… even running noobs through 5 mans has been entertaining.
More to cover, with all the changes in 3.3 but just out of time, I hope to post soon about some of the more interesting aspects of all the new game features.