So we are continuing ahead, beating more heroic bosses after clearing all normal current raid content and I need to start thinking about items I still want… here is my short term list based on what we have on farm.
Gao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector – I can’t believe after like 6 kills this has yet to drop and my bonus rolls give nothing but gold…. Grrrrrrrrr – Tsulong
Eternal Blossom Headpiece – I am currently using normal Tier gloves and LFR chest. I have a 496 chest in my bags and would love to go helm and hands and maintain my Heroic pants for now. – Sha of Fear
Choker of the Unleashed Storm – Dude is on farm on Heroic so just a matter of time… I have the normal currently. – Blade Lord
Eternal Blossom Raiment – To replace LFR version. – Empress
Bracers of Unseen Strikes – Blade Lord
Tomb Raider’s Girdle – Feng, another one we have on farm on heroic.
Feng’s Seal of Binding – Same as above.
Sorry I have not been posting much, but my gosh so much to do and so little time. Rep grinds, Challenge modes (I still want to do these but have not had the chance), pet battles and collecting, the up coming Brawlers guild, etc…
I received an e-mail from a reader in Australia and though I should put up my thoughts on raiding so far… the kitty tips.. so here goes.
- The Stone Guard – This fight has a lot of potential for kitty DPS. Basically, double dot and keep them up. On heroic burn DPS cool downs only when you have tiles lit. Pray you don’t get chained to a healer. Make sure ranged run to you when chained to minimize dps down time.
- Feng the Accursed – Another decent fight for us kitties. Try to maximize bleed uptime as you will spend time away from the boss in intervals. Be prepared to use your defensive cool downs.
- Gara’jal – Yes, another good fight for us… try to not be a person to take the idols and you will top the meters for sure. Since you main attack need to be from behind (shred) we are not optimal imho for going in anyway
- Spirit Kings – Don’t die and you will top the meters here too. Nothing special, just live and do your thing.
- Elegon – Horrible fight for us to top meters imho, however our burst is extremely useful on downing the Energy Charge’s fast. Save your dps cool downs for this as getting 5-6 round of these down is the key to the fight. Bleeds don’t help us much on this fight, if there is a fight where hit capping is more important than mastery this is it. Make sure you clear you stacks after killing each Energy Charge. Be prepared to use your defensive cool downs at the very end.
- Will of the Emperor – Ugh. Not a big fan of this fight. I currently tank strengths on one side of the room, which I am thankful for mind you as doing the dance at the boss sucks, maybe I just need more practice as you would think speedy kitties would be the best bet for it. As feral save your DPS cool downs for when gas comes out. If you tank strengths put your bear taunt on your kitty bar, you might need it to grab a 2nd strength or if one gets pulled off by agro. You might want to also keybind shifting back to kitty from bear. YOU DON’’T WANT TO USE A BEAR SPEC. If you are in bear spec you might get courage’s sent your way, and that is not a good thing. As soon as your strengths are all dead after the gas phase go put a little dps on the nearest boss before getting back into position for the next strength add. Don’t bother trying to do the dance, it’s not worth it if your main job are the strength’s. Keeping those controlled on the sides is more important. Be prepared to use your defensive cool downs during gas phase and in case you screw up.
Heart of Fear:
- Zor’lok – Decent fight for us though I am not a big fan of running around in circles while trying to DPS. Help your raid out with stampede. Make sure to time your DPS cool downs so they are not wasted when running to another platform. Use dash. Be prepared to use your defensive cool downs.
- Ta’yak – Ok, I love this fight.
I can’t remember the last time I took first in any fight since I have been with Requiem. Bleed uptime is huge on this fight. Our speed in kitty form helps. If you are good at the tornado run you should do well on this fight. Make sure to keybind kitty shift as when you first get force hit by tornado’s it will shift you out of kitty automatically and you will need to shift back into kitty quickly. Use a quick heal in form before you make a run for it. If you are bad and get hit by any tornados back out of kitty you go… I found keybinding the shift to cat is necessary for this fight, I have not had it bound since the days of power shifting and doing PvP.
- Garalon – Not a big fan of this fight. We basically camp out on the back 2 legs the whole fight and stand on the double damage circles but melee with better cleaves destroy us on this fight. Best bet is try to keep up bleeds on 1-2 legs and the body to maximize what we can do. Be ready to use lots of defensive cool downs. Don’t ever go into the pink circle under the boss. Who knew Garalon had his ride pimped with neon undercarriage lighting.
- Wind Lord Mel’jarak – Just started on this one, we are getting real close. Spread bleeds to non CCed mobs. Interrupt the healer. Take getting ambered out of the group. Release people when they get ambered.
So far raiding has been a lot of fun. I have been pretty lucky gearing up. I love the new extra loot rolls we get from daily rewards. I am totally loving the expansion, they have made just a ton of changes that I believe have changed the game for the better.
So we have completed the first raid in MOP (on normal) and I need to start looking at my new gear needs as we down bosses.
I was able to get almost every slot with an item of ilvl 463 or higher right about the time we started raiding but since then have gotten some lucky drops, rolls, and some gear from increased rep.
Here is what I am looking at now to grab…
Choker of the Klaxxi’va – Need the currency (Already honored with the Klaxxi) OR Amulet of the Hidden Kings – The Spirit Kings
Netherrealm Shoulderpads – Gara’jal the Spiritbinder
Arrow Breaking Windcloak – The Spirit Kings OR Blackguard Cape – Need the currency
Bracers of Violent Meditation – Vaults zone drop
Chestguard of Total Annihilation – Elegon
Stoneflesh Leggings – The Stone Guard
Feng’s Seal of Binding – Feng the Accursed
Bottle of Infinite Stars – Elegon
Relic of Xuen – Need extreme luck or lots of Gold
Mists is fun and going well. Working on gearing up for raiding still. Looking to still get…
Aerial Bombardment Cloak (Heroic Siege)
Korloff’s Raiment (Heroic Scarlet Halls)
My website was down for server upgrades at my host. Back up again now.
No new updates on the WoW Beta front because I have been playing Diablo 3 however since Diablo 3 lately has been such a disappointment (tired of spending so much time in AH filters to get the gear I need to play a Barb in Act 3 Inferno buying gear from mostly people that gamed the game early on) I plan on getting some more time in the MoP Beta under my belt especially since the max level was finally increased all the way to 90 (since the last time I was playing in the beta… which was a while ago.) Whew… yes I know… more periods.
I am pretty disappointed atm with Blizzard to be honest. Diablo 3 was a lot of fun at first but I have to agree that ilvl 63 rares should have some garanteed lowest level stats. Discovering an ilvl 63 and revealing it’s stats should be exciting and not what it is now which is the expectation (and typical realization) that the item is worthless. This should also hold true for ilvl 60, 61, 62, etc. If you are successful in reaching and being able to play in Inferno there should be at least a chance at a reward…. even in Act 1.
Also, I am really worried about when MoP is going to be released. Currently our guild is clearing Heroic DS in one night just to farm BiS gear (we are close to done) and Mounts (I would say 50% done). So I am playing WoW a Grand Total of 2 hours a week. Pretty sad. I am pretty sure this is going to drop to zero pretty soon (baring beta play) and can’t imagine the player loss that is going to occur if MoP is looking at a Dec release.
Any who, sorry to those that use this site as a resource as it was done for a little while. Should be up now again for a long time.