So our guild has Heroic DS on farm and we have shortened our raid week to 1 night until MoP.
Currently most of us are filling our time playing Diablo III.
I am having an absolute blast playing Diablo III. It is a lot of fun and I am enjoying it more than I expected. I just got my Barbarian to level 40 somewhere in Act II of Nightmare. Here are some tips…
- Take your time in normal mode and see what Achievements you can get in each Act before moving forward. There is a lot to discover and you will miss it if you are trying to rush through to the end of the game. You can always look for it later in Nightmare but as things get increasingly difficult you might find yourself wishing you completed some stuff back on normal.
- If you are a Barbarian you want Strength. Also, when things get tough you want a 1-H weapon that does awesome damage and a shield with a high chance to block that absorbs lots of damage… and has Strength.
- Note the above tip, this might mean frequent visits to the AH. The Auction House is accessible from the Character Selection Screen. Although lots of Magic and Rare quality items fall while playing the AH will let you find items more appropriately itemized and with the precise searching you can definitely find something affordable that will make surviving a lot easier.
- Get used to DEing both Blues and Rares though depending on what you need you might want to sell more of the early rares to vendors for gold. Good rares will sell on the AH but you are limited to 10 items on the AH at a time and you most likely are going to run short of space quickly. Good Rares sell on the AH if you don’t need them, bad rares just vendor or DE. Don’t forget to use some Rare and Magic items to gear your companions… all of them. You can use them as extended bank space doing this as well.
- You won’t see Blacksmith or JC pages until nightmare… just an FYI.
- Diablo III boss fights have strategy, they are not sit in one place and attack. I have found gear selection, companion selection, and running away while waiting for cooldowns works well.
- The fastest way to die is to stand in X. Don’t stand in fire, poison, explosions, lasers, etc.
Heroic Spine and Madness down (for me) this week. The guild did it last week without me (/sniffle). I had been out of raiding for a couple weeks with just a rotten horrible virus or something and couldn’t stay awake. So now I am rocking my “Savior of Azeroth” title… fun stuff. Next week looks to be getting achievements done for drakes. So far the achievements have been pretty easy and straight forward, if that changes and I learn any tips or tricks I will be sure to let everyone know (and no, switching from a 25 man to a 10 man to get achieves is not a tip or trick and we won’t do that).
I have not been very active in the beta, honestly I am waiting for the level cap in the beta to be 90 and then I plan on getting my druid which I copied to max level to see how the questing flow is.
I am very excited about all the features and changes coming in the expansion. It look like account wide achievements is about a done deal and account wide mounts and pets a possibility. The new pet battle system looks like a fun thing, actually in game farmville… I dunno, probably not so much. Maybe Blizzard is trying to fin ways for couples to play together (But honey, while I am raiding you can be tending the farm and battling squirrels!)
I am very much looking forward to the 5 man competitive dungeons, achievements, and rewards. Having something like this to work on with others in the guild with a smaller player group and less time commitment could be really fun and create some niche players for sure.
I hope we don’t have too long to wait for the expansion but I am guessing Nov/Dec time frame?
So Requiem is 6/8 Heroic DS now and we are trucking along with a lot of new blood and sitting on a roster of about 31 players for our 25 man raid so we don’t ever really have a reason now to take a foot off the gas… which is good because now that MoP Beta is out we only have so much time to finish off current content on and finish up some achievements.
The main reason for my post is a look at the new glyphs. It looks like they are making a lot of the core talents we have had in the past and giving us the ability to keep them through glyphs. Personally I like as we will be able to change our play style much easier between encounters now. Let’s take a look…
- Glyph of Amberskin Protection – Reduces the chance you’ll be critically hit by 25% while Barkskin is active.
- Glyph of Cat Form – Increases healing done to you by 20% while in Cat Form.
- Glyph of Claw – Your Claw and Mangle (Cat) attacks reduce the movement speed of the target by 50% for 12 sec.
- Glyph of Fae Silence – Faerie Fire used in Bear Form also silences the target for 3 sec, but triggers a 15 sec cooldown.
- Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration – While Frenzied Regeneration is active healing effects on you are 40% more powerful, but causes your Frenzied Regeneration to cost 60 Rage initially and no longer convert rage into health.
- Glyph of Prowl – Reduces the movement penalty of Prowl by 100%.
- Glyph of Shred – While Berserk or Tiger’s Fury is active, Shred and Ravage have no positional requirement.
- Glyph of the Chameleon – Each time you shapeshift into Cat Form or Bear Form, your shapeshifted form will have a random hair color.
- Glyph of the Orca – Your Aquatic Form now appears as an Orca.
- Glyph of the Predator – Your Track Humanoids ability now also tracks beasts.
- Glyph of the Stag – Your Travel Form now appears as a Stag and can be used as a mount by party members.
So some pedestrian stuff replacing old talents, some fun stuff giving ferals a little something to play with how they look when shifted including a ridable form that will launch a 100 inappropriate jokes, the ability to track beast which I like, the awesome solo PvE stuff faster with not losing speed when stealthed, and a nonsense glyph which leads me to believe more bosses coming that I can’t shred… or lets hope it’s for PvP purposes.
As far as the next expac goes I am really liking everything Blizzard is bring to the table. Little pets battles, ranked 5 man dungeons with gear and mount rewards, more LFR goodness, a new race and class, lots of early raid content, and hopefully even account wide mounts, pets, and achievements which might have me playing my hunter more
Didn’t take long at all really, not sure why we just didn’t do this sooner and be farming heroic gear… but whatever right
We now move to 4/8 in Heroic DS 25. Next up is Zon’ozz. Hopefully he falls Thursday night and we put the first 5 bosses on Heroic farm…. get geared up for part two and the last 3 encounters.
FWIW Yor’sahj was supposedly easy cause at least 1 lock respecced into an AoE stun making sure the healers didn’t get gibbed by the adds from the black ooze.
No video on this, our fearless leader didn’t think we would get it so early in the night… now he will be fraping lots of Zon wipes
Feral tip on this fight… Reforge into Hit/Exp>Haste>Crit>Mastery. This will help maximize damage on the adds and oozes and will boost overall damage for the fight.