This time Gratz go out to the 25 man that killed ToGC 25 Beasts! It was great fun and we kept our composure through multiple wipes to finally succeed where few tread.
I scored a new cloak on normal ToC 25 so I didn’t even bid when the Heroic version fell just 30 minutes later.
I was wearing 4T9.25 and the Heroic 10 Chest for this fight. This has my Hit at 259, Crit around 62%, and ArP right under 500. Only Chest and neck are Gemmed ArP, everything Agility. Refer to my Gear page for the full setup.
Every week I run 10 man’s with the same group. Same players, same buffs… great test bed.
Tonight I plan on testing 4T9.25 (That is Tier 9 mid pack quality from Emblems and Trophies) I am using Chest, Helm, Legs, Gloves. I went with Chest because it was a tanking upgrade and I want gear for my 2nd spec for when the new Icecrown 5 mans release.
In order to do this I gave up Heroic 10 man Chest, Gloves… and a whole bunch of ArP. I gemmed them in Agility (remember the tanking thing) and enchanted with the usual chants.
I will let everyone know how this compares to 2T9.5 and Heroic 10 gloves/chest.
My guess is a wash… but we shall see.
Last night we once again rocked ToC 10. For the second week in a row no wipes and Anub down with 50 tries left. Still no DPS cloak, this one went to a healer. With all the ToC heroic we have ran we still have people getting upgrades which is nice.
Missed the mount again but at least another druid got it…. jk
So last night… We got another server 1st.
Resilience Will Fix It (10) – Not too tough. A solid game plan and constant communication is all that is needed here.
And the rest…
- Champion of Ulduar – I was happy to get this one… as I am a title whore.
- Upper Back Pain (10) – The team had done this before but I must had missed that night.
- Three Sixty Pain Spike (10) – Had this one already but someone needed it so why not.
Thanks and CongoRats to my fellow 10 man raiders! We had an awesome night of fun and focused raiding and it just shows how important playing with not only people you like but the same people every week for continuity can do for success.
We started the night with a 20 minute ToC 10… just blew it up… badges and gear as our regular hunter has rolled a Shammy to help with our raid comp.
Then came ToGC 10 and our first A Tribute to Insanity (10 player). 30 minutes of focused gameplay… It was awesome… and no one died the whole run.
After that we headed over to Ulduar to plow through to Algalon and after not having tried him in over 2 months and with a new healer that has only played a healer for 2 weeks we downed him on our 3rd try… maybe took 10 minutes of attempts. Granted we out geared it (He was actually harder than the Insanity Achievement)… but keep in mind this was the same group of people that either got or worked toward the first kill in Sept for Herald of the Titans.
So I also got some achievements I had missed as well… which was fun. I actually did top DPS on Kologarn mangle spamming and keeping my DoT’s up… that was a surprise. Doing XT without killing the heart was a challenge… although faster than just doing hard mode XT for the umpteenth time it is actually a little harder IMHO…. though not much.
Thursday night we are going to work on Alone in the Darkness (10 player) or at least clear to Yogg while trying to finish up Champion of Ulduar. We only need Iron Council, General, and Yogg with no deaths to finish that up.
All in all another fun night of 10′s. I will be updating my gear page soon… it is really old and I am now really stacked in gear short of a ToC cloak and belt. On normal fights being somewhere between 6K and 7K DPS is the norm and I topped 10K in a twins fight and Hodir for the first time ever.
Ok, so before the Boo birds come out in full force let me head you off at the pass.
The first encounter in Trial of the Champion (Northrend Beasts) is not hard.
The fight is fun. For a feral druid in a DPS role it is really easy… I came in 2nd in total damage (I did Brez a dead lock in my defense)
Whatever nerf we took did not hurt much from what I can tell. I went with ArP food and Shred Idol.
- The fight starts with a big Magnataur named Gormock the Impaler. Nom his butt, don’t stand in fire if it shows up. He does an AoE stomp that will damage you but healers will keep you up so you can keep pew pewing.
- 2nd are 2 Jormungars. Kill Acidmaw first then Dreadscale. Nom thier butts, stay out of acid clouds this time (Think Grobbulus) If you get acid on you run to the tank for Dreadscale so his fire will clean you off. Once Acid is down kill Dread and make sure to stay away from other players if you get caught on fire.
- Lastly is Icehowl who looks like a huge Northrend Yeti. The big thing here is he does a stomp (Think Gruul) that will send you all the way to a wall. You must run away from the path which he will take to ram a choosen player. As long as everyone does it right and gets out of the way he will hit his head on the wall and become stunned taking extra damage so save your Berserk for it. Nom his butt, you should live through his turns and freezes as long as you have good healers. We didn’t wear any FR for the fight, my guess is on heroic it might be necessary.
So, don’t bitch and moan about how Blizzard ruined the game. The fight was fun, it was a normal mode instance so not terribly difficult, and people (or at least one person… dang so close to getting attunements back but not quite there yet) has to complete the raid in normal mode before moving on to Heroic.
Next up was a fast port back to Dalaran and to Wintergrasp for the new boss in VoA… what… wait… where is he? Guess what, he is waiting for season 7 to start so don’t bother heading that way for new content just yet. We waxed VoA real fast for some badges and crappy loot as it turned out.
So we ended the night back at Ulduar and had enough time for FL, XT (he was still bugged but we managed), Kologarn (got the arms achievement in 25 finally), and Cat Lady. Hopefully with the changes to Yogg we can finally get him this week unless something is bugged we don’t know about as it looks to be our focus to push straight through to him this week and worry about the optional bosses after.